Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking an Ethics & Compliance Associate to assist with Sony's global ethics and compliance program, including implementing SCA's ethics and compliance program activities.
* Keep informed about relevant regulatory requirements, best practices and trends
* Develop knowledge about company ethics & compliance policies and related legal and regulatory risk management activities
* Assist with ethics and compliance policy review and implementation
* Assist the Ethics & Compliance Leadership Team in developing Sony's ethics and compliance training and communication materials
* Administer ethics and compliance training across multiple operating companies
* Monitor campaign completion status and follow-up with delinquent employees to ensure completion of compliance training requirements in a timely manner
* Liaise with Human Resources and other supporting teams, as necessary
* Assist with troubleshooting and addressing questions posed by employees or other stakeholders
* Assist with ethics & compliance due diligence for acquisitions and third-party transactions
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree required. Preference for coursework in relevant fields, such as business administration, communications, law and other applicable area.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience or relevant course work in one or more of the following areas: ethics, compliance, governance, risk and/or corporate communications.
* Familiarity with Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) software; learning management systems, and other compliance-related software and third-party screening tools e.g. World-Check is highly desire.
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
* Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues in understandable language
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and communicate effectively and tactfully with all peers, stakeholders and management
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to manage multiple programs and activities simultaneously, with strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks, organize and schedule work effectively with minimal supervision in a way that does not overlook details
* Independent thinker, who isn't afraid to ask questions
* A self-starter with a genuine commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement
* All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, business, compliance, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, court, lawyer, legal affairs, market