The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is seeking a Data Analyst to join our NYC base team.
* Execute internal and external client requests for analytics & BI support, projects and analyses
* Assist in creating compelling analytics projects and presentations, which tell an analytic story, demonstrating their value by providing actionable insights paired with recommendations
* Execute advanced and optimized modeling and SQL commands for supporting client requirements
* Assist in designing client-specific strategic service offerings and approaches that will quantitatively demonstrate value through the development and implementation of fresh and innovative analytics and marketing approaches that deliver business results
* Compile updates for management as needed on the analytics services team. Execute tickets to support all submitted requests
* Support the analytics services team by collecting stakeholder feedback, upholding processes, and maintaining internal documentation
* Assist with the development of data visualization toolkit to enable clients and their marketing teams visualize richer insights for client executives and stakeholders.
* Assist with the development and implementation of multimedia education initiatives for internal BI tools and client facing analysis tools
* Minimum 2 years experience in analytics, BI, data insights, marketing, and strategy, preferably within the music and/or distribution industry
* Experience with specific BI Looker, Snowflake, Tableau, Mode, Google Analytics, Data Studio and/or other BI tools A BIG PLUS
* Proven experience working closely with clients to understand key business questions. Experience Leading client teams and internal cross-functional staff to define scope of projects
* Interest in experimenting with 3rd party data sources to enrich behavioral data for client insights deliverables
* Ability to manage deadlines and lead client engagements from initial discussion through delivery of work
* Ability to communicate and share information effectively with clients, executives, development teams, stakeholders and fellow analytics/BI team members
* Self-starter and strategic project management master with tenacity to experiment in order to create opportunities and solve problems
* Interest in the music industry and the numbers behind music consumption
* Knowledge of and passion for independent music, and the ability to identify trends and an awareness of what's popular today and its place in pop culture
* Clear and consistent communicator with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
About The Orchard?
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, g