Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Label Copy Coordinator, Release Planning is responsible for all assigned Columbia artists' label copy information (including all configurations physically & digitally for both U.S. and International product) as overseen by the Manager, Release Planning. The Label Copy Representative, Release Planning would also be responsible for facilitating cohesive communication between A&R, A&R Operations, Marketing, Copyright/A&R Administration and artist management as needed to compile all label copy and metadata.
* Responsible for compiling, inputting, confirming accuracy and proofreading label copy information into GRPS (including writers, publishers, sample clearance forms, credits & lyrics) for all assigned Columbia Records' artists so that payments can be properly dispersed and digital product metadata reflects properly with all partners & platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, etc.
* Resolve discrepancies between label copy and master or artwork for all assigned artists.
* Send packaging components for any physical configurations (CD/Vinyl/DVD/BluRay art & copy) to the art director for all assigned artists to meet scheduled release dates.
* Liaison with several departments across the company (including A&R, A&R Operations, Marketing, Copyright/A&R Administration, art department, artist management) to determine clearances and delivery dates for all label copy of assigned artists.
* Liaison with IT for GRPS (label copy system) improvements and updates.
* Maintain label copy files for all assigned Columbia artists.
* College degree required.
* Music industry experience preferred.
* Prior release planning/production experience at a record label is strongly preferred.
* Individual must have excellent organizational skills.
* Outstanding attention to detail required.
* Excellent written and oral skills.
* Knowledge of GRPS system (or other label copy systems) a plus.
* Ability to handle a fast paced environment.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word preferred.
* Knowledge of release process for both physical and digital product.
* Ability to manage many complex and time sensitive proje