Sotheby's Inc. Floater Program presents recent graduates with an opportunity to gain valuable experience by work in different departments and roles within the auction house environment. This experience offers an excellent overview of how the business fits together and provides the job training to prepare for a permanent position within Sotheby's.
This program is a vital internal office support that services the needs of departments, particularly times of increased volume. The Floater Program allows us to provide support to departments from individuals wanting to experience the business and are eager to learn. Floater tasks vary depending on the assignment, and can range from general support to project assistance.
Floaters are required to work on a full-time basis (40hrs per week) and are paid $15 per hour. Floaters also receive overtime compensation for any time worked over the standard 40hrs. The program is normally 6 months in duration but varies based off of the department and business needs. There is no guarantee of permanent employment at the end of the program, however Floaters are encouraged to apply for regular positions during their time in the program.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiastic client service attitude, and excellent phone manner
* Strong organizaional skills
* Highest standards of professionalism and discretion
* Diligent with detail and follow-up
* Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage multiple deadlines
* A proactive self-starter with great team mentality
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excell, Word, PowerPoint) required
* Knowledge of art a plus