This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Associate Editorial Producer position for Erin Burnett OutFront will be responsible for developing relationships with newsmakers, talent, and their representatives as well story pitching and research. The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position.
* This person will be responsible for pitching, generating, and booking high-volume and high-profile newsmaker guests on a regular basis.
* We are looking for someone who is well versed in using social media to find guests in breaking news situations as well as to identify and pitch new story and guest ideas.
* The Associate Editorial Producer will be involved in all aspects of producing a guest segment: editorial, pre-interviews, finding visuals, writing interview questions/talking points.
* This role handles special projects as assigned by the Senior Editorial Producer and will also provide support for major bookings.
* Job may require travel for breaking news bookings.
* A qualified candidate for this position must have 1-2 years as an associate editorial producer, production assistant or equivalent production experience with proven performance and experience booking talent.
* Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
* Research skills are essential to this position.
* Individual must be able to multi-task efficiently, execute quickly, think broadly, and have strong editorial awareness and judgment.
* Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role.
* Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
* Ability to travel about 10% of the time
* Paid time off every year to volunteer
* Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
* 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
* 2018 Best Company for Dads
* An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
* Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: action, comedy, direct, film director, horror, movie, producer, romance, science fiction, shoot