HBO is seeking an experienced Technical Writer within the Content Supply Chain group. The position will be responsible for creating and editing user documentation including technical specifications, standard operating procedures, best practice guides, and reference manuals and instructions. The position will work closely with internal subject matter experts. The Technical Writer will also be responsible for the effective management, organization and maintenance of all technical documentation along with the supporting, centralized repository.
* Capture and draft technical processes to produce technical documentation for video and audio specifications, both internally and externally.
* Working within established documentation processes, transforms technically complex information into shared technical documents that enhance productivity among third party and internal technical teams.
* Liaise with subject matter experts from Engineering, Production, Post-Production, Distribution, Archives, and Operations to establish technical parameters and requirements.
* Ensure accuracy, clarity, appropriateness, and consistency of documentation through development of templates, etc.
* Edit the work of others to ensure documentation has a consistent voice and content format.
* Prepare charts, graphs, or forms to illustrate documentation as required.
* Manage review and approval process and prepare documents for publication.
* Publish, maintain and validate all documentation in the knowledge base repository.
* Dissemination of HBO specifications and standards, including provision of updates and different editions as necessary.
* Evaluate and propose document editing tools for on-prem or cloud-based document management.
* BA in Technical Communication, Computer Science, Journalism, Communications, or minimum of three years of experience writing software documentation (including online help) for consumer and technical audiences.
* Three years' experience writing technical publications in an electronics or software development environment, or equivalent.
* In-depth knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
* Familiarity with audio, video, media management and workflow technology and practices.
* Expertise in publishing software.
* Strong organizational skills, including some project management, and ability to work to deadlines.
* Ability to coordinate inputs from multiple individuals
* Candidates will be required to submit writing samples.
Associated topics: content, document, documentation, excel, file, log, msword, ms office, technical writer, writer