Job title: Receiver
Department: Food & Beverage
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Chef/ Sous Chef
Inspired by our commitment to excellence, the service team at our Company* creates unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful receiver will successfully maintain all equipment and supplies, including receipt, storage, and dispatch of goods, while maintaining standards of sanitation, safety, and security in the work environment.
* Receive, handle and store all food and supplies. This includes temperature control and documentation on frozen and refrigerated product, rotating perishable product, labeling & dating specific items, and maintaining zoning as required.
* Confirm deliveries are complete and are invoiced accurately. This includes returning unacceptable or incorrect product and communicating to the chef when an order is inaccurate or not received in full.
* Prepare high quality food products to specification as stated in the Menu Book using pars designated by the prep list. This includes following recipes, measuring portions, cooking to a safe temp, cooling and labeling appropriately for storage.
* Control food waste and maintain low food cost.
* Keep a clean, safe and sanitary galley, including all equipment and supplies. This may include, but is not limited to, daily general cleaning as well as weekly and monthly deep cleaning.
* Internal and external guest care. Uphold the values as presented in our Safety System and Our Service System.
* Enter data into specified programs as needed.
* Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
* Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
* Assist with the warm and efficient greeting and seating of guests when they arrive
* Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor on duty
The successful receiver will facilitate an unforgettable experience for their guests, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by guest and mystery shopper satisfaction surveys, departmental tests, management evaluation, and peer feedback.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* At least one (1) year previous restaurant experience
* Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
* Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and able to take direction
* Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
* Must possess a service orientation ? actively looking for ways to help others
* Basic computer skills are required
* Will work for extended periods without sitting
* Required to lift furniture and other heavy items up and down stairs (20lbs - 50lbs)
* Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
* Per US Coast Guard regulations, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
* Driver's License is recommended
* For purposes of this job description only, references to the 'Company' are to the following subsidiaries of Entertainment Cruises Inc.: Premier Yachts, Inc., Mystic Blue Cruises, Inc., Seadog Ventures, Inc., and Spirit Cruises, LLC. You are employed by one of these subsidiaries, not by Entertainment Cruises Inc.
Associated topics: lead, leader, logistics specialist, senior, shift supervisor, rep, representative, warehouse, warehouse analyst, warehouse specialist