Describe the duties and responsibilities of the position:
* On-site surveys and risk evaluation of existing and prospective Starr Tech clients (70%) client meetings (10%) Account Management (10%) and General Consulting (10%).
* Regional travel with less than 25% overnight anticipated
* Engineer will be responsible for maintaining own schedule- monitored by the Technical Services Manager.
* Primary responsibility is to conduct risk assessments in small, medium and large energy risk of varying risk classifications (refining, chemical, petrochemical, process industries)
* Responsible for producing narrative risk assessment loss control internal reports for the underwriting team and external risk reports for the client.
* Conduct plan reviews and provide guidance to underwriting staff as respects risk quality / insurability.
* Maintain up-to-date loss control systems (ELCS) data
* Recent college graduate with strong communication and relationship skills ? preferably Chemical Engineering degree.
* Degree from an accredited engineering program is desired although relevant industry experience will be considered. Some prior experience with insurance loss control would provide a background in risk assessment concepts and industry standards.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer system skills.
Associated topics: alarm, explosive detection, loss prevention, metal detection, monitor, public safety officer, safety officer, security, tsa, unarmed
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.