* The ability to contribute to New York region budget in 2019
* Develop regional business plan with management
* Assist with implementation of profit center underwriting strategies
* Achieve budgeted premium goals
* Develop retail brokerage relationships- travel is required
* Assist in the development of underwriting support staff as requested
* Adhere to underwriting guidelines
* Other duties as assigned by underwriting management
Candidate must have solid broker/agent relationships minimally in the state of New York and underwriting experience in Casualty lines (WC, GL and Auto) for larger loss sensitive accounts. Candidate will have expertise in underwriting construction accounts. The position requires self-resilience, discipline, ability to manage a heavy workload and communicate effectively and continuously with other staff and management.
Marketing, multi-tasking, computer skills, underwriting, production reporting, business writing and communication.
Associated topics: underwriter