BSN is required.
MA RN license is required.
Supervisory experience is preferred.
The Nursing Supervisor is a professional nurse who is responsible for coordination and supervision of patient care on multiple nursing units and departments on the evening, night and weekend shifts. He/she works closely with Clinical Managers and others to ensure that high quality, timely service is provided to all patients.
* Serves as role model, providing clinical direction to staff, demonstrates expertise in the nursing process and evaluates care provided by nursing personnel
* Ensures high quality, cost efficient patient care by making appropriate staffing decisions
* Demonstrates responsibility for human resource management within the Nursing Division and the Hospital to achieve high quality patient care, as well as a work environment which promotes harmonious employee relations
* Functions as the on-site hospital representative accountable for coordinating the operational/administrative activities required for the smooth functioning of the Hospital on the evening, night and weekend shifts
* Functions as a member of the Nursing Leadership Team.
* Plans and directs Nursing Division activities on the evening/night and weekend shifts in order to comply with established policies and procedures and to achieve divisional goals and objectives
* Establishes and maintains interdisciplinary communication and cooperation.
* Promotes a positive image of the Nursing Division and Carney Hospital through effective interaction with patients, visitors, physicians, community and the public
* MA RN License is required
* Supervisory experience is preferred