Bachelor's degree is preferred.
* Under the direction of the Director of Security, provides security and safety of all staff, visitors and patients.
* Duties encompass investigations, patient restraint, fire/safety education and response and all traffic related matters.
* Functions as a resource regarding hospital information for patients and visitors.
* Patrols campus to ensure a safe environment.
* Projects and image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct.
* Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures.
* Maintain an active knowledge of security emergency procedures and environment of care standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Associates or Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice Preferred.
* Any combination of experience equivalent to at least 2 years in security operations or field experience in a law enforcement agency preferred.
* Healthcare security experience preferred.
* Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal skills, organizational ability, knowledge of proper body mechanics, safety measures and infection control and ability to follow instructions.
* Having a working knowledge of Microsoft office preferred.
* Must meet requirements for State Special Police.
* Strong verbal/written skills necessary and security/law enforcement experience preferred.
Associated topics: alarm, casino, countermeasure, loss control, monitor, patrol officer, protect, public safety officer, safety report, unarmed