We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Government Relations, the Senior Manager, Government Relations will work to support and guide the development of our robust engagement program by strengthening relationships with elected officials and fostering new charter champions. The ability to work well with with staff, elected officials and government agencies in a dynamic environment, under pressure while remaining organized, flexible, hardworking, inventive and efficient is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
* Project lead and execute integrated strategies to advance relationship building with elected officials in NYC;
* Advocate and engage elected officials at city and state levels in pursuit of SA advocacy goals;
* Organize, motivate and mobilize advocacy partners to advance priorities;
* Examine and monitor news, politics and legislative actions that impact SA's policy goals;
* Represent SA at meetings and public hearings with elected officials and government agencies; and
* Craft advocacy communication and talking points for all parent and elected official communications.
You will have the following experiences and characteristics:
* Holds bachelor's degree, and at least 3-5 years of significant experience in public affairs/external relations;
* Possesses deeply strong writing and communications skills;
* Has working knowledge of NYS political landscape and understanding of education reform policy issues;
* Exudes a polished, professional demeanor at all times with internal staff and external partners;
* Thrives in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with precision and accuracy;
* Has extraordinary attention to detail and highly effective social systems;
* Skilled at keeping track of upcoming, ongoing and past work product, and juggling multiple and dynamic projects and deadlines at a time;
* Possesses superb written/verbal communications skills and a can-do attitude;
* Is an enthusiastic, creative thinker that will look for ways to bring their position and the department to the next level; and
* Is inspired by mission as an individual with a real passion for educational access and equity.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Associated topics: early education, education, faculty, gs 1701, instructor, professor, special education, student, teacher, tutor