The Project Executive provides overall leadership and direction on project team performance, client relations, contract negotiations and compliance, trade partner management, schedule and budget management, and compliance with company safety and quality standard operating procedures. The individual must be an exceptional communicator and will be responsible for serving as the client's direct point of contact on projects. The Project Executive must be a strong leader and advocate for team collaboration and innovation, and must have the ability to lead, manage, cultivate and mentor team members to promote their professional growth.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a \"best place to work\"!
* Provide leadership in business judgment and all financial and profitability aspects of projects under your jurisdiction.
* Participate extensively in and the work acquisition process, working to define and develop project budgets and schedules that will achieve profitability objectives taking into account project-specific challenges.
* Set appropriate milestones and assign staff qualified to handle the scope and complexity of the project.
* Work closely with clients, owners, architects and subcontractors to develop relationships that exceeds the client satisfaction to Suffolk's demanding standards.
* Provide oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout and ensure that the Owner's expectations regarding budget, schedule, and quality, as well as Suffolk's profitability objectives are met or exceeded. It is expected that the Project Executive is the \"common thread\" that owns the project from Pre-Construction thru Closeout and beyond. This involves:
* Oversight of projects at a high level from beginning to end including budget, costs, unexpected events, general performance, and overall progress against plan.
* Ensure that the day-to-day operations of projects are transitioned effectively to Project Managers and Superintendents from Preconstruction when work commences in the field.
* Mentor, train and coach staff to perform to or exceed Suffolk standards.
* Represent Suffolk to the Owner(s), Architects, Consultants, Government Authorities, Vendors and Subcontractors.
* Project Acquisition
* Participate to understand unique owner needs, to represent Suffolk capabilities and help close potential clients.
* Review projects for unique challenges that will impact budget/profitability objectives utilizing Litmus Test.
* Utilize industry contacts and relationships to generate appropriate project leads and follow through to acquisition as required.
* Participate in and contribute to the RFP response process including editing for project specific content, and interview preparation and participation as requested.
* Participate in Contract negotiation as requested
* Project Start Up/Turnover/Pre-Construction
* Assign appropriate Project Staff (Includes Project Management and Field Ops Staff)
* Review and approve the pre-mobilization activities.
* Ensure Turnover meeting occurs between Preconstruction and Operation teams
* Be the pre-construction lead as requested, working closely with the pre-construction and estimating teams to develop project specific budgets, schedules and logistics plans.
* Project Operations Responsible for ensuring that Projects achieve budget, schedule, quality and profitability objectives.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the Suffolk/Owner Contract. Insure project team understanding of same and that project achieves compliance with.
* Visit sites regularly to monitor project performance, schedule, and expenditures with project staff, highlight potential challenges and provide leadership in responding creatively to bring projects in on schedule and under budget, where feasible., and to the standard of quality expected.
* Monitor and evaluate Project Manager and Superintendent staff assignments.
* Responsible for development of entire team
* Assist in sourcing and screening of candidates as requested; mentor, coach and train them to perform and ensure effective matching of talent to project scope.
* Financial Performance
* Cash Management
* Accounts Receivable
* Accurate Financial Forecasting
* P&L including full understanding of project contingencies, liabilities and savings potential
* Schedule Performance.
* Assist the project staff in the development of the Baseline Schedule
* Monitor schedule performance
* Assist the project team in initiation of Lean Planning processes and workflow
* Insure Project Staff understands and is trained in Suffolk Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and monitor compliance.
* Champion jobsite safety effort, motivating the on-site team in the implementation of Suffolk Safety Program.
* Insure original project budget includes project appropriate funding
* Meeting Management
* Attend all scheduled meetings necessary to monitor and manage project profitability.
* Chair and/or attend weekly project staff meetings
* Client Relationships
* Attend owner and project meetings, maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to Project Team.
* Become the Suffolk representative on the team
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 15+ years of general contracting experience, ideally with a Construction Management firm
* Each set of projects has specific characteristics regarding size, complexity, sector etc, which dictate the precise years of experience and industry knowledge necessary for success, above and beyond general construction knowledge and experience.
* Candidate must possess Suffolk's Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring.
* Takes initiative.
* Strong team building skills.
* High sense of urgency.
* Committed to excellence.
* Effective communication skills.
* Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight.
* Leadership capabilities that motivate staff to exceed expectations.
* Excellent business judgment to consistently analyze and execute financial trade-offs which frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and ambiguity.
* Superior problem-solving skills together with the ability to confidently and decisively take action necessary to achieve strong project closeouts while maintaining positive team relations.
* The ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Suffolk business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions impacting profitability on assigned projects.
* Judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
* Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to interact effectively with senior management, and the ability to handle and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner.
* Ability to develop the confidence of clients to gain future project awards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk
Associated topics: director finance, finance director, financial director, general manager, general operations manager, manage, operation, operational manager, organizational culture, president