SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.SUMMARY
Manages the day-to-day tactical operations of SWBC's Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) by obtaining requirements to build data structures that populate the EDW and other reporting data base servers while leading a team of ETL developers tasked with these initiatives and actively participating in said initiatives.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assigns resources and monitors progress of all assignments and ensures completion of schedules.
- Performs and manages application functionality and testing efforts including the review of business requirements, functional specifications, preparation, and execution of testing; and coordinates the completion of integrated testing efforts.
- Performs ETL to the EDW to create necessary data structures for reporting and other applications.
- Translates business requirements to assist staff in preparing detailed specifications for system enhancements by utilizing a thorough understanding of business needs and technical impacts of a project or problem; recommends designs based on business requirements; and identifies issues and concerns.
- Maintains and orders a work queue visible to direct manager.
- Participates in department meetings or product/technique training as directed by management team.
- Responds to staff work schedule, personnel, and company policy and procedure inquiries.
- Provides staff performance feedback and annual performance appraisal.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, or related field preferred.
- Must have excellent experience of designing and developing data warehouse solutions using Microsoft SQL Server, Master Data Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Information Builders iWay ETL and WebFocus, DOMO and the like.
- Must be familiar with open source software frameworks such as Hadoop, including use with web and mobile applications.
- Must have at least five (5) years Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence, master data management, Data Architect, Data Integration and BI solutions design, or related experience.
- Must have excellent understanding of solutions architectural principles, data integration, data warehousing.
- Must have excellent understanding of dimensional modeling.
- Must have excellent technical abilities to solve complex technical problems.
- Must have expertise in data warehouse concepts, models and methods such as Inmon, Kimball, and dimensional modeling techniques.
- Must have knowledge of Application Development/EDW/BI.
- Must have knowledge of database architecture.
- Must have strong IT management skills.
- Must have knowledge of SQL databases.
- Must have knowledge of ETL development.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must have problem resolution skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Stand, stoop, and kneel to file for long periods of time.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs. of files, supplies, documents, or other related items.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com
. If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply.
Associated topics: data analytic, data engineer, data scientist, data warehouse, etl, mongo database, mongo database administrator, sql, sybase, teradata