As a Production Design Intern, you're a maker?working in collaboration with strategists, designers, and project managers to imagine, visualize, design and build creative solutions to client challenges. With the mentorship and guidance of the Production Design team, Interns will play a critical role in helping the team anticipate and execute the work?mindful of time, cost, and quality. You will spend your days creating the materials that enable teams to think differently and spark real change. You'll hone your skills in our studio environment, elevate the craftsmanship of our work, help to run a busy design practice and participate in actual client work.
The work you'll do
Join us at SYPartners if:
* You're a hands-on creator.
* You express your thoughts visually.
* You see the full system of any problem you tackle, and you think ahead to solve it.
* You love to constantly learn and take on new challenges.
* You want to practice design at its highest calling.
* You want to help people show up as the best version of themselves.
* You believe design can make an impact at billion-person scale.
Desired experience and skills
* Degree in Design, or be a student in a Design or related program, or at least 1 year of relevant work experience
* Online or PDF portfolio with diverse creative work and accompanying strategic thinking explanations
* Confident as an individual contributor, and in collaboration with others
* Strong background in graphic design, typography, branding, environmental design, industrial design, architectural design, experience design, product design etc.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Strong grasp of Adobe Indesign and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite. Related programs/skills (3D, video editing, etc.) are a plus
* Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite
* Excellent hand skills in prototyping ideas (comping/mock-ups for packaging, poster mounting, trimming, folding, making prototypes)
SYPartners helps human beings, organizations, and societies build the capability to become fuller and more vibrant versions of themselves?so they can constantly transform and have a positive impact in the world.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we partner with executives to transform their businesses, and work alongside leaders tackling the toughest societal issues of our time?education, diversity, health care, gender equality, among others. In addition to our consulting practice, we develop products and tools that help individuals and teams unlock their full potential. We are based in San Francisco and New York, and are a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.