101 Olde Field Rd
Senior Ruby on Rails Consultant
We are adding senior talent to our Ed Tech engineering team and this role can be all remote.
He/she will maintain Ruby on Rails web applications by fixing bugs, creating new features, maintaining updates, and ensuring uptime.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field or comparable experience in web application development required.
- Breakdown client problems and determine a workable solution.
- Communicate well verbally and in writing with good time management skills.
- Develop incrementally and iteratively to elicit feedback over a short period of time.
- Write clean, readable code that doesn t necessarily need to be commented.
- Map domain/business logic to application code.
- Integrate front-end design and/or code into back-end system.
- Continue learning and growing in emerging web technologies and methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of Ruby on Rails.
- Intermediate understanding of relational databases, specifically SQL-based systems and language.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented development and design patterns.
- Good understanding of testing concepts and practices, including: unit, integration, and use case testing.
- Good understanding of how to consume and create with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with PaaS systems, specifically Heroku, a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git.
Associated topics: business, business intelligence, client, consult, information technology consultant, market, marketing, sales, sap, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...