OverviewInterested in joining our Product Engineering team? TA Instruments is hiring a Production Engineering Technician that would have the opportunity to support product development and production programs. In this position you would work closely with Manufacturing Engineers to resolve problems, evaluate & implement design & process changes and insure complete documentation. Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
* Provides first line support to manufacturing floor on specific products or families of products * Provides guidance and direction to Manufacturing Technicians and Assemblers, assisting with troubleshooting of non-routine problems * Reviews Problem Tracking Logs (PTLs) with goal of problem resolution and minimization of reoccurrence * Investigates and responds to Corrective Action Reports (CARs); analyzes CAR data to understand trends and problem frequencies for prioritization of longer term solutions * Conducts or may direct others to conduct tests and failure analysis * Assists Technicians with analyzing/reviewing test failures * Makes recommendations for resolution of problems
* Works closely with Manufacturing Engineers in proving out cost reductions by evaluating and testing engineering changes, reviewing material alternatives * Reviews materials on hand and makes recommendations for disposition of existing inventory
* Follows changes through the manufacturing process to ensure that changes are properly documented and procedures are updated * Processes ECO's * Develops test procedures to support changes
* May interface with vendors on material design/quality issues
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
* Minimum of an Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering (EET), Electronics Technology, Electrical/Computer Technology or closely related field.
* 2+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment * Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve technical problems and present practical solutions and alternatives * Ability to organize and prioritize work activities and to handle multiple projects simultaneously * Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills * Demonstrated commitment to team concept of work * Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings * Ability to make practical decisions without appreciable direction or advance preparation * Ability to travel by both air and ground carrier
As the world's leading supplier of thermal analysis and rheology systems, TA Instruments is a fast growing and highly profitable division of an S&P 500 company, priding itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our high technology products sold to Fortune Global 500 companies and leading academic institutions and government laboratories around the world, visit our website at www.tainstruments.com.
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.