- ta instruments
- $60,510.00 -89,020.00/year*
901 Delaware St
OverviewInterested in working as a Senior Electrical Engineer in our Development Engineering team by contributing with your electrical engineering background? TA Instruments is known for its innovation and quality in its analytical instrumentation and is looking for an Electrical Engineer for our Development Engineering Thermal Analysis Group to support its world-class reputation. This is a career level opportunity for an innovative creative scientific engineering mind to take their electrical/electronic background and apply it in an engineering development environment creating new systems to make better measurements for scientists and engineers around the world to use to develop new and better products. This is an exciting and wide-ranging position for an individual with the motivation, curiosity and intellect to excel in the development of the leading edge of thermal analysis instrumentation in a best in class specialty measurement company. Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
* Supports a range of development needs for new products and modified designs from concept through production
* Specific examples include but not limited to;
* Envision system level electromechanical requirements and create high level interconnect diagrams assigning functionality to each of the subsystems
* Create subsystem level schematics ensuring all functionality is included and then overseeing the board layout, procurement and evaluation processes
* All aspects of electromagnetic compatibility, from design through regulatory testing
* Provide solutions to a wide range of technical problems involving the design, development, testing and end use of company produced scientific instrumentation
* Develops and guides feasibility studies and testing of new and modified designs
* Evaluates a variety of data, conducts tests and evaluates results
* Possesses sound engineering and laboratory practices that comply with ISO procedures
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field, MS or PhD is a plus
* Minimum of 3-7 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering of instrumentation or closely related industry, more or less experience will be considered for the right candidate
* Should be highly knowledgeable and able to demonstrate one's application of engineering fundamentals, theories, concepts, and procedures used for the development of scientific instrumentation or similar products
* Low Level Analog experience, thermocouples, RTD's, thermistors, high resolution A/D and D/A converters, amplifier design, filter design, transducer interfaces for nanometer scale position measurement.
* Microcontroller experience including USB, CAN, I2C and SPI communications protocols.
* Experience with schematic capture and board layout (Altium preferred). Controlled impedance signal routing, electromagnetic control in multilayer board design.
* Harness design for safety, EMC and signal integrity.
* PWM power drive experience.
* Power supply regulators, linear, switching, isolating.
* Electromagnetic Compatibility experience including compliance with US and international requirements, system and board design, and troubleshooting during regulatory testing.
* Safety design experience including compliance with UL60950 or UL61010 and product submission to a NRTL for regulatory approval.
* Stepper motor drive and control experience.
* Strong knowledge base in physics including sensor design and utilization with emphasis on system, environmental and materials interaction.
* Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting measurement and control anomalies.
As the world's leading supplier of thermal analysis and rheology systems, TA Instruments is a fast growing and highly profitable division of an S&P 500 company, priding itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our high technology products sold to Fortune Global 500 companies and leading academic institutions and government laboratories around the world, visit our website at www.tainstruments.com.
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: diagram, dsp, electrical, electrician, lighting, msee, plc, rf, solar, wiring
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...