Associate Director Medical Review (Allston)
Compensation: $166,545.00 - $167,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
*Please be aware of an Identity Theft Scheme targeting individuals seeking jobs with Takeda and other employers. See below or here for more info.
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takedas long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the worlds leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits were looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, were one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer status for 2019.
Job ID R0010966 Date posted 09/10/2019 Location Lexington, Massachusetts
R0010966 Associate Director Medical Review (USBU)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Medical Review in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an Associate Director, Medical Review working on the US Medical Office team, you will be empowered to deliver high-quality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding assigned products and serve as a technical and/or operational resource. In this role, you will contribute to Takedas mission. A typical day will include:
- Deliver high-quality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding assigned products and serve as a technical and/or operational resource
- Provide advanced medical and scientific review for promotional materials, press releases, and sales training communications
- Provide advanced medical and scientific review for non-promotional medical materials and others as identified
- Serve as an experienced medical and scientific resource to internal stakeholders, including Medical Team(s), Brand Team(s), Regulatory Advertising and Promotion, Legal and others.
- Actively participates, supports, and contributes to assigned Medical, Regulatory, and Legal cross-functional teams in promotional review
- Serves as an experienced medical resource and collaborator for other non-medical internal stakeholders as it pertains to medical review and/or other identified commercial and corporate needs
- Grant formal approval via signature authority for the cross-functional promotional review activities including: 1) providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages and content, 2) reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy, and 3) coordinate the development, review, and approval of clinical data on file to support promotional claims
- Maintains current awareness on industry standards and regulations, shares insights and applies best practices to promotional review and other related activities
- Provide medical review for identified medical and other non-promotional materials as requested
- Maintains current knowledge of assigned disease state, product, competitors, and other relevant medical and scientific developments
- Participates in assigned medical, brand, or company related meetings as requested
The qualified candidate will:
- Have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- 2-3 years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree including a minimum of 2 years of medical communications experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Possesses advanced communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages to communicate with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the drug development process including key phases, processes, and techniques utilized for both pre- and post-marketing research studies.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Therapeutic area experience
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience
- Board Certification in therapeutic area of interest
- Completion of pharmaceutical industry related residency or fellowship
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (10-20%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on therapeutic responsibilities.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.
Job Seekers: Protect yourself against identity theft
Please be aware there are instances of identity thieves posting Takeda-branded jobs and posing as employees to steal personal information. They visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and Social Security numbers.
At Takeda, we do not ask for personal financial information during telephone, in-person or video interviews. And we are investigating ways to mitigate or stop this scheme. If you have concerns related to this issue, consider the following actions: 1) If in the U.S., place a freeze on your credit reports: 2) file a complaint with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission: and/or 3) file a report with your local police department.
Copyright 1995-2019 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. All rights reserved.
Associated topics: care physician, family, family medicine, family medicine physician, family practice, nocturnist, physician, physician md, practice physician, urgent care
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...