Director, UX OmniChannel Initiatives (Niagara Falls)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
Job Title: Director, User Experience OmniChannel Initiatives
As the Director of User Experience for OmniChannel initiatives, and a member of the Digital Product Leadership team, you will help evangelize Tapestrys UX design processes. You will be both player and coach, mentoring top talent, and collaborating with business stakeholders within the team and across Tapestrys suite of brands, to define and design omnichannel experiences that connect the digital journey with the physical brick and mortar retail experience. You possess a strong creative mind, and have a demonstrated track record of creating value by designing innovative, best-in-class omnichannel experiences. A robust knowledge of luxury retail industry trends, an understanding of the omnichannel vendor landscape, and facility in user testing methods, to drive engagement, brand loyalty and revenue, is critical to success in this role. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to work seamlessly with business, product and engineering teams to execute and launch flawlessly.
It is beneficial to note that the enterprise-level Digital team, which includes this role, is newly created, in conjunction with Tapestrys ongoing strategy evolution as a stable of luxury fashion brands. The Product function is in its nascent stages at Tapestry and there is a large change management effort underway to introduce the organization to Digital Best Practices, establish the process of prioritization and outline appropriate scalable efficiencies for socializing the demonstrable revenue benefit of digital initiatives.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
- Hire, lead and mentor a direct report in pursuit of omnichannel goals.
- Lead holistic digital design efforts, partnering with all Tapestry brands, while also being hands on designing from ideation through final creative.
- Partner with brand, engineering and product to leverage a reusable design system to accelerate scalability, establish digital standards (quality), and improve speed to market.
- Participate in efforts to help the organization transform by adopting lean UX processes, evolving quality by checking with customers frequently and pivoting approach based on input from many input sources.
- Foster Tapestrys culture and principles within the team and inject new cultural values to drive innovation.
- Ability to keep track of competitive industry trends and shift UX standards at the right time.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- 5-7 years of experience in a digital UX/UI Design role.
- Strong Portfolio of UX-focused work.
- Professional gravitas. Ability and experience presenting work, and selling concepts, strategy and final designs to cross-functional partners.
- Proven experience with user-centered design methods.
- Experience with interaction design, specifically animation and motion, and ability to use tools to express how interactivity works.
- Full proficiency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with prototype tools such as InVision or Framer X.
- Retail, ecommerce, and omnichannel experience a plus but not required.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance : Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isnt upset when things are up in the air; doesnt have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage : Doesnt hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicants or employees qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-KS1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at
Job Segment: Animation, Facilities, Creative, Operations
Associated topics: interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
Loading some great jobs for you...