Job Title: Branch Manager
Reports To: Regional Manager
Position type: Full time
Location: White Plains, NY
The Tech Air Companies are distributors of medical, specialty, industrial and welding gases and related welding supplies and equipment. Tech Air believes that business can grow based on family service and values. We have been providing the highest quality products, outstanding customer service and expert technical support to our customers throughout the United States for decades.
Summary:Responsible for managing daily operations of the branch.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
Operations - Attains financial and operational success through business development in line with company strategic goals:
- Ensures branch goals coincide with the strategic objective of the company.
- Runs daily sales reports and reviews performance against company expectations.
- Understands and manages expenses in line with the GL.
- Budgeting Sets goals to maximize margins and grow profitability.
- Budgeting- Manages expenses in line with the GL.
- Track and review data for accuracy and metrics relevant to their area of the business performance.
- Prepares and submits accurate and timely reports on Branch performance.
- Data Analysis and reporting Track and review data for accuracy and metrics relevant to their area of business performance.
- Equipment and facility maintenance ensures proper preventative maintenance and timely repairs.
- Puts safety as a top priority by identifying and communicating ways to prevent and reduce accidents, injuries, and incidents
- Seeks out ways to increase business and develop strong vendor relationships.
- Strives to gain/maintain high level of customer satisfaction; uses customer feedback as a gauge and a way to improve performance.
- Inventory and Stock Control Maintains necessary inventory levels, including cylinder stock. Assist with RSI, cylinder dock inventory, cycle counts, and ordering supplies as needed.
Retail / Customers - Oversees retail store to ensure a positive customer experience:
- Ensures tickets are selected for invoicing and delivery tickets are processed regularly and correctly.
- Oversees successful merchandising of products within store.
- Achieves collection targets for branch customers.
Distribution - Oversees distribution end of branch location:
- Coordinates truck routes based on load and geography for efficient delivery routes.
- Ensure drivers meet DOT requirements to drive in compliance with DOT regulations including logs, medical certification, and quarterly random drug testing completion.
- Reviews driver picking tickets against uploaded data from handheld and works with drivers on handheld issues, if applicable.
- Oversees warehouse operations to ensure proper storing and handling of products.
- Operates a forklift or willingness to train and learn if applicable.
- Supervises the cost, quality, and efficiency of the movement of goods.
- Controls and coordinates the order phase and information systems.
- Establishes and implements business strategies, plans and objectives.
- Analyzes information to monitor plan performance improvements and product and goods demand.
- Manages and allocates resources according to changing needs.
- Communicates with Production and Operations Lead to ensure product availability.
- Comminications with General/Plant Manager about any staff related issues.
- Analyzes logistical problems, develops new solutions to increase business growth.
- Evaluates transportation costs to ensure appropriate costs.
Production - Oversees production end of branch location:
- Uses ACM to view transfers of cylinders.
- Ships and receives non-inventory items and vendor cylinders; coordinates shipments to other branches.
- Reviews production control records and other regulated documents.
- Trouble shoots handheld, computer, and printer issues.
- Coordinates and conducts annual calibrations of gauges, thermometers, scales, etc
- Coordinates all retest/rework of cylinders.
People - Achieves department objectives through supporting employees in fulfilling the expectations o their role by effectively communicating and organizing work activities:
- Communicates and ensures understanding of individual and team performance targets and goals.
- Assigns and directs work of reporting team member(s)
- Monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) such as speeding hits, required production levels, personal productivity ratios etc. and makes changes as necessary to improve.
- Schedules work hours and shifts to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Models behavior of a successful employee
- Ensure that all employees receive required training and that team achieves 100% compliance.
- Coaches teammates through instructing and engaging employees individually through regular communication and interaction with informal as well as focused conversations to help them achieve their developmental goals.
- Conducts weekly team meetings to disseminate information and receive feedbak from the team. Information on general business topics such as customers, safety (near misses), compliance, financial and HR as well as performance targets and progress is shared. Ideas and input are solicited when applicable.
- Ovserves and evaluates work behaviors to ensure that safety and work procedures are being followed and make recommendation for funcation specific performance improvements.
- Payroll payroll approvals, PTO requests, scheduling, and overtime analysis.
- Conducts bi-annual and annual reviews with employees in a fair and timely manner.
- Monitors adherence to all rules, regulations, or procedures and documents and redirects teammates through disciplinary actions or performance improvement plans as necessary.
- Participates in regularly scheduled functional or departmental conference calls as applicable.
- Excellent communication skills - phone, electronic and interpersonal.
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working with limited supervision
- Able to lead and train others
- Basic computer knowledge
- Education: High School Diploma, College preferred
- License / Registrations/ Certifications: CDL with Hazmat a plus
- Experience: 3-5 years; sales experience helpful
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer