- Technology Services LLC
10 Bayside Terrace
- (2) open positions
- Contract to hire: 12 months, RTH (right to hire) option to PERM
- On-site ONLY - in person interview REQUIRED- local candidates preferred
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Senior Network Engineer(s)
to assist a team of highly-skilled engineers in core network infrastructure planning, design and deployment of network systems.
- Assist Network Engineering group in adhering to process and procedures laid out by management.
- Assist team in documentation, review and enhance network topology and performance
- Share team responsibility for capacity and availability planning and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Serves as subject matter expert and mentor to other Network Engineers.
- Must be capable of requirements analysis and preparing designs and plans for network systems, expansions and upgrades in order to provide connectivity as needs arise.
- Design, configuration, and deployment of new network environment services and enhancements to include routing, switching, firewall, and load balancing solutions
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing such as routers, firewalls, switches, WAN accelerators and physical cabling infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with network engineering standards and processes across multiple data centers and remote sites
- Plan and document new deployments and the associated network infrastructure changes
- Infrastructure device upgrades or replacements
- Investigate, troubleshoot, isolate, and document problems
- Understand network risk assessment process and contingency planning
- Research, analyze and implement software patches or hardware changes
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other areas of the infrastructure and applications teams
- Provide off-hours operational support when necessary
- Perform the top level of support for remote network staff
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance changes during off hours
- Lead, Mentor and develop key personnel
- Minimal 10 years experience in the field is required.
- Special emphasis on routing, switching, and security network engineering topics.
- Advanced Knowledge of Enterprise class Cisco network switches (Nexus 5K, Catalyst 9xxx,39xx,29xx,69xx)
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Routers (ISR 4K series, ASR 1001)
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS and NXOS
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco NextGen Firewalls.
- Experienced with Cisco ISE
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with wireless networking technologies in the 802.11 protocol suite is required
- Advanced Knowledge of Layer 2 and 3 switching including STP, ARP, 802.1q VLANs, VTP, HSRP
- Advanced Knowledge of the ability to design, implement and support enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and static routing.
- Knowledge of Firewall and remote access solutions including Access-lists, NAT, SSL and IPSEC VPN, Site-to-Site and tunnels, Client-to-Site, and RSA.
- Understanding of IP Multicast architectures and related services.
- Knowledge of WAN circuit technologies and troubleshooting (Ethernet).
- Experience with network management applications and related protocols such as SNMP and Netflow is required.
- Knowledge of VOIP (Cisco and/or Interactive intelligence preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of VLANs, QOS, Firewalls, IDS/IPS design, IPSEC/SSL VPNs, and MPLS.
- Understanding of and experience applying Information Security concepts to core network infrastructure and data transport is required.
- Knowledge of A10 Load Balancers a plus
- Working knowledge of Network Tools like: Solarwinds, Liveaction, Cisco Prime
- Strong working knowledge of packet analysis technology and the ability to apply the knowledge quickly when troubleshooting a problem
- Experience in the design of new systems or upgrades to existing network systems.
- Experience in developing concepts of operations, requirements, basis of design, and design documents, and design drawings
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: antenna, avaya, design engineer, network engineer, osp, soc, technical, test, test engineer, wireless
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...