Loading some great jobs for you...
Location: Jersey City
Title: Senior Java Developer
Pay Rate: 75hr
(US or GC only)
Senior, hands-on development who is passionate about technology and has experience developing high performance transaction or reporting systems with large databases and multi-tier architectures; is a team player and knows how to contribute as part of a distributed and diversified global team.
The candidate will be responsible for web application development supporting our client facing applications which aim to provide our institutional clients with modern, leading-edge functionality delivered via the Investment Bank's portal. He/she will be building HTML5 web-based user interfaces, working within our portal's style guidelines and leveraging core framework capabilities to deliver interactive and appealing user experiences.
She/he will have responsibility for unit-level design, coding, unit testing, integration testing and participating in the full SDLC. The candidate must have a sound grasp of development best practice and system architecture. She/he will be expected to produce high-quality that can pass critical peer review, and to work under a high-pressure and timeline-driven environment.
Deep technical knowledge and the ability to communicate ideas is an integral part of the role, and as such the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the technical areas required for the project, and should possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Participate in design sessions across several application redesign efforts.
Design, implement, test all changes needed across each system build - contribute individually and as a team lead.
Participate in production support for resulting areas of responsibility.
Support Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
Ensure compliance with all JPM software development control processes.
Work within our global team to continually improve quality, processes, and practices.
Senior Core Java Developer Qualifications:
* 8+ years of experience with Java-based application services (REST/SOAP) development and core Java/ J2EE development.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
* Experience in Servlets, JSP, JDBC and also in MVC based frameworks like Struts, Spring and Hibernate.
* Strong experience in writing Junit test cases
* Good working knowledge in Design Patterns
* Experience in developing RESTful Services
* Strong Experience in database design using PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and in writing complex queries, using DB2/Oracle 10g/11g or Sybase with a good understanding of data structure and referential integrity
* Added advantage if have knowledge on Hadoop and cloud based technologies
* Experience working on multi-threaded systems.
* Experience in programming with Messaging, Caching and UX Grid technologies.
* Architecture/Design skills on handling performance, scalability at the application level.
* Experience in using GIT
* Working knowledge on Continuous integration systems such as Jules/Jenkins
* Working Knowledge of Unix environment (shell, scripting).
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong experience in Agile and Test Driven Methodologies.
* This position requires a strong commitment as a team player: the ability to be proactive and insure that client expectations and deliverables are met is critical to this role.
* Ability to understand and meet client expectations.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Loading some great jobs for you...