Senior Vehicle Fleet Management Advisor (Allston)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Senior Vehicle Fleet Management Advisor - Liberia
PRO-telligent, a Tetra Tech Company is seeking an experienced Senior Vehicle Fleet Management Advisor for a government client. The position will be based in Liberia.
One of the critical areas in which the LNP must focus its efforts is managing and maintaining its vehicle fleet in order to build the logistical capacity to support its operational requirements. In coordination with the GOL, the government has agreed to provide technical assistance to the LNP and GoL to help them develop a sustainable vehicle fleet management system.
The Senior Vehicle Fleet Management Advisor will aid the LNP and GoL in developing and institutionalizing a functional and sustainable system for maintaining, deploying, and tracking their vehicular assets in order to support operational requirements. The end state of the Senior Vehicle Fleet Management Advisors mentorship is for the LNP and GoL to take ownership and sustain implementation of the system.
Instead of trying to personally develop and implement new processes and procedures, the Senior Vehicle Fleet Management Advisor must mentor his/her counterparts so that the LNP and GoL themselves make institutional changes that will be sustainable.
The Senior Vehicle Fleet Management Advisor must:
- Mentor and assist the LNP and GoL in the developing procurement specifications for equipment purchases and infra- structure development;
- Support liaison efforts with LNP and GoL representatives, the Office of the Inspector General, and other donors on issues related to LNP and GoL budgeting and finance;
- Provide advice to the U.S. Embassy, the MOJ, the LNP, GoL entities, and other key partners on matters relating to the development of criteria for selection, vetting, and training of civilian law enforcement personnel. The Senior Vehicle Fleet Management Advisor shall exercise particular care in following established vetting procedures in accordance with the Leahy Law, a law that prohibits U.S. foreign assistance to any unit of the security forces of a foreign country if evidence exists that members of that unit have committed gross violations of human rights, in coordination with the U.S. Embassy;
- Provide advice to the INL Director in Monrovia and to INLs senior law enforcement advisors on programmatic challenges and areas where U.S. Embassy intervention could help achieve INL and the U.S. governments goals and objectives;
- Monitor accountability and functionality of equipment and facilities provided to the LNP and GoL by the U.S. government;
- Coordinate with and mentor LNP and GoL administrative staff, in consultation and coordination with the Senior Law Enforcement Advisors and the Logistics Advisor
- Be responsive to Liberian priorities and U.S. government goals and strategic objectives for Liberia;
- Maintain regular communication with the INL Director in Monrovia;
- Assist in briefing senior U.S. Mission officials, as requested by the INL Monrovia Director.
- U .S. Citizen or Third Country National;
- In possession of a current and valid driving license for at least one year;
- Ability to possess/maintain MRPT certification;
- Must satisfy the requirements for Specialist Advisor outlined in the base contract IV.
- Minimum ten years of general vehicle maintenance experience with a field-related Bachelor Degree. Additional experience can substitute for a degree on a year to year basis;
- Minimum of five years recent experience as a Vehicle Fleet Maintenance/Management Officer of at least 50 vehicles with supervisory responsibilities in support of an operational mission;
- At least one year of work in an international environment;
- Demonstrated experience implementing effective procedures to maintain accountability of personnel, vehicles, equipment, and supplies;
- Knowledge of principles, practices, tools, materials, equipment, and techniques required for maintaining and repairing a variety of makes and models of vehicles, construction equipment, fire apparatus, and related mobile equipment as found in a municipal police fleet;
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of a variety of makes and models of vehicles, power tools, and related fleet maintenance tools;
- Knowledge of safety equipment and safety practices related to vehicle use and maintenance;
- Must have demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and direct highly varied and complex operations related to vehicle and equipment services;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, assignment, review and evaluation, and the training of staff in work procedures;
- Must have the ability to review specifications for new equipment acquisition;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to handle complex situations;
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to work well with others. Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently to achieve the desired end state;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Proficient with basic MS Office computer programs; able to organize, analyze, prepare, and present information to a variety of audiences;
- Experience in police development/reform overseas or other relevant experience overseas, particularly in developing countries.
- Extensive experience managing and/or directing vehicle fleet programs in police forces.
- Knowledge of USG contracting practices and experience in contract oversight.
- Experience working or coordinating with USG agencies (e.g., USAID, Justice, State, and/or Defense).
- Ability to explain, promote, and defend USG policies to senior law enforcement officials of other nations and the host country and representatives of international organizations.
- Possess strong leadership/influencing skills makes decisions, self-directed, self-confident, positive, good negotiator, able to prioritize personal and team activities
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professional judgment, diplomacy, and tact at all times in order to build successful relationships with Liberian partners and the international community.
Tetra Tech Inc . is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations worldwide. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams!
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at http:// www.tetratech.com/ to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: 703-###-####.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Either there was a problem on our end with the action you just performed, or we are currently having technical difficulties with our system. Please try again later.
Associated topics: fleet management, handler, management, manager trainee, operations manager, service manager, supervisor, svce, technician, union
Loading some great jobs for you...