Employment Type: Full-Time
- Manage six-person team of Purchase Order Processors.
- Coordinate with the IT department and with PO Processors, Category Managers, and Logistics Manager to ensure seamless operation of purchasing tools.
- Clean and maintain purchasing-specific data with scheduled refresh tasks on the Item Master File, Item Branch File, Vendor Master File, Vendor Branch File, and Item Vendor File.
- Run weekly close procedures to catch and correct faulty or incomplete data.
- Maintain and update all required vendor documentation in both Salesforce.com and internal corporate legal files.
- Quarterly and random internal audits of Marketable Item Attributes to ensure compliance.
- Quarterly and random audits of vendors for “Marketable Attribute” documentation, third-party verification.
- Monthly reporting to Management on overall daily average DSOH (Days Sales On Hand) against budget and goals by Category and by Warehouse.
- Measure and manage daily Cost of Stockouts; work with all members of the Purchasing department to make adjustments where required to keep Cost of Stockouts within acceptable parameters.
- Collaborate with Category Managers to amend individual goals as deemed necessary while maintaining achievement of overall department inventory level goals.
- Act as Purchasing Department liaison to the IT, Finance, and Legal departments.
- Provide backup vacation coverage for Category Managers and assist with workload of fellow team members when absent.
- Other projects or tasks assigned by Management as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Previous food service distribution experience strongly preferred.
- Previous food importing experience strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of JDEdwards, AS400, Microsoft Access; general knowledge of database systems operation.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, professional, goal oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
· Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure, be comfortable in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment.
· Flexibility: ability to work well with all departments and levels of staff both internally & externally.
· Have a drive to advance within the organization.
Loading some great jobs for you...