Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
The Property Manager is responsible for the management of the Engineering, Buildings & Grounds, and Security staff as well as the overall day-to-day operation of the church facility. The Property Manager will also be responsible for the oversight of all capital projects. Direct supervision of Chief Engineer, Buildings and Grounds Supervisor and Asst. Property Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Interact with contractors, vendors and inspectors, and coordinate various operating functions for the facility.
- Supervise work performed by the engineering department, making sure they adhere to the established preventive maintenance program.
- Final approval of all Engineering and Buildings & Grounds staff timecards and PTO requests.
- Review staff schedule changes and assignments for Engineering and Buildings & Grounds departments prior to Timecard & PTO request approvals.
- Supervise work performed by the Buildings & Grounds department, including but not limited to general custodial services & room set-ups for events.
- Initiate corrective action plans when necessary
- Supervise the Security department, coordinating with the Security Director on making sure all safety protocols are adhered to.
- Create and manage the annual operating expense budget for the departments reporting to the Property Manager.
- Assist the Executive Director of Operations in the development of the capital budget.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all capital projects.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in profit/loss review meetings.
- Serve as primary staff to the Building Committee.
- Ensure The Riverside Church is in compliance with the New York State Department of Labor, Industrial Law Codes under the Division of Safety and Health.
- Ensure that The Riverside Church is in compliance with all Fire, Building and Life Safety Codes in NYS and NYC.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all staff, tenant, congregant, and guest feedback to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Operations.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience in facility management in a church, office building, or similar building structure. Experience in Landmark designated buildings strongly desired.
- Demonstrated management abilities in the preparation of operating and capital expense budgets; management of tenant issues, building staff, and vendors; oversight of construction projects; negotiation of vendor contracts.
- Proven understanding of the dynamics of staff relationships, implementing change, performing strategic planning and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and persuade others to accomplish challenging goals and objectives.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other ministries and teams.
Loading some great jobs for you...