TIME is a news brand built on 95 years of unparalleled trust and authority, with an audience of more than 100 million people across the globe on every platform. Join us as we create a dynamic new company with that foundation of excellence, and now the energy, technology and ambitions of an independent startup. Our team is collaborative, innovative and profoundly committed to TIME's mission of informing, guiding and engaging its audience with groundbreaking journalism, immersive experiences and live events.
TIME embraces diversity, equity and inclusion and believes in supporting and celebrating our own workforce. Our people drive the culture. Our culture drives the mission. Our mission drives the business. Our business impacts the world.
TIME is seeking an experienced, ambitious, entrepreneurial editor to join our growing Accolades team.
* Help produce and expand TIME's biggest and most talked-about annual editorial lists, including TIME 100, Best Inventions, World's Greatest Places, Genius Companies and Next-Generation Leaders
* Develop and launch new annual editorial lists designed to engage readers and impact industries. Many of these lists will be data-driven.
* Work closely with writers and reporters to vet potential list entries
* Assign copy and coordinate list production (for both print and web) with art, photo, video, fact-checking and copy-editing teams
* Work closely with PR and social teams to ensure TIME lists resonate with as many readers as possible
* Work closely with sales and marketing teams to monetize TIME lists via advertising, licensing, events and more
* A creative and independent thinker with impeccable editorial judgment
* Obsessed with uncovering people, ideas and institutions that are changing the world
* Highly skilled at crafting compelling and informative narratives (e.g., for individual list entries) in 150 words or less
* Comfortable editing articles that span a variety of categories, including travel, education, business, healthcare and technology
* Able to juggle multiple long-term projects at once
* Highly organized
* An excellent communicator
* At least 3-5 years of editing experience at a major media organization, ideally working with data and/or producing large, complex editorial lists