The Lead Trainer is responsible the growth and general administration of a club's fitness program, including fitness sales, revenue and retention. The Lead Trainer is the fitness subject matter expert and go to person for fitness at point of sale. The Lead Trainer reports directly to the General Manager and works closely with the Area Fitness Manager and Fitness Director.
This role achieves success through embodying our core competencies (Create the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Models the core attributes of a successful employee with the utmost integrity, lives the mission and empowers others to do the same; focused on building meaningful relationships with members, their kids and team members.
* Modeling and promoting the Clubhouse Rules. * Being available to team members to address questions and concerns. * Partnering with club team to ensure high levels of customer service and a consistently clean club. * Assisting the AFM or GM in creating a strong sense of team by fostering collaboration, communication and alignment amongst team members. * Actively listening to client concerns, addressing issues before they become problems. * Adhering to all TSI policies and procedures including, (but not limited to) timeliness, codes of conduct, uniforms and timekeeping. Setting expectations around the same for team members. * Assisting AFM or GM in guiding Personal Trainers through managing client relationships effectively.
Build a High Performing Team
Actively facilitates self and team member development; constantly seeking new ways to build skills and competency; elevates the brand experience.
* Contributing to an environment where employees thrive and look forward to coming to work. * Assisting the AFM or GM in onboarding and training qualified Personal Trainers. * Providing subject matter expertise and guidance to personal trainers and team members surrounding the administration of the fitness business, growing sales and revenue and client programming. * Support GM or AFM in conducting regular progression meetings to assess performance and validate PT certifications. * Responding to client/member requests and inquiries in a timely manner. * Addressing potential safety hazards, equipment or maintenance issues on the fitness floor. * Making sure the fitness floor is clean, organized and presentable. * Working with new and current members to ensure awareness of fitness programs offered.
Achieve Measurable Results
Meets and exceeds company goals and metrics surrounding employees and members; never satisfied with the status quo.
* Being at or above daily index. * Supporting the AFM or GM in planning daily, weekly and monthly fitness sales, revenue and retention goals and monitoring performance towards goals, as determined by indices. * Continuously seeking new avenues of prospecting including (but not limited to) call drives, special events in the club and approaching new members at point of sale. * Ensuring fitness products and services offered in clubs are aligned and consistent with the company's overall fitness strategy. * Scheduling and executing the full Fitness Orientation process from Needs Analysis to sale.
Required Skills and Experience:
* BA/ BS degree (in a fitness related field preferred) and a Personal Training Certification by a TSI authorized provider * Three years overall in the fitness industry with at least one year of directly selling fitness services. * Minimum of 1 year delivering personal training services and creating fitness programs for clients. * Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of clubs, repetitive squatting, bending and lifting (e.g., 40 - 60 lbs.), restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary and ability to demonstrate other exercise movements as part of a personal fitness workout. * Must be able to work twenty (20) hours per week in the Lead Trainer position.* * Prior administrative experience, including planning, calendaring and scheduling * AED/CPR Certified * Lead Trainers are permitted, but not required, to work up to twenty(20) additional hours per week, providing personal training, small group training and/or group exercise services, inclusive of any time necessary to prospect, plan or prepare for, or clean up after, the services.
Due to the nature of the business, Town Sports has specific scheduling guidelines for this position.
* Team Members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory. * TSI does not authorize vacation time in the months of January or September. * This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and is subject to changes based on the needs of the business.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.