TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job?
Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 90+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards.
Locations:US-New York, NY (3 Park)Job Description:
The Immigration & Mobility Specialist will oversee and help scale our programs and processes on immigration, internal mobility, and international regulatory compliance. The Immigration & Mobility Specialist will work closely with outside counsel, internal managers, and employees to file all U.S.-based employment visas and work with the global HR team to facilitate international relocations.
* Act as the primary resource for employees on all aspects of U.S. immigration and internal mobility.
* Evaluate and execute all U.S. immigration requests and international relocation requests in partnership with managers and outside counsel.
* Work with outside counsel to obtain visa sponsorship for employees and candidates and project manage each process from end to end.
* Initiate the PERM labor certification process for employees and work with outside counsel on all stages of the application.
* Advise employees and managers on immigration compliance needs and develop a communications strategy to educate foreign nationals and managers on visa requirements.
* Assist the HR team with related projects and day-to-day administration on an as-needed basis.
Your experience includes:
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Experience using MS Office suite
* Able to perform in a fast-paced environment while always maintaining excellent service
* Minimum Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
* 3 years of experience specifically managing immigration matters and global mobility or related programs
* Deep understanding of non-immigration visa classifications, including H-1B, F-1, TN, L-1, and E-3
* Strong understanding of immigrant visa process, including PERM, I-140, and AOS
* Experience with audit compliance such as site visits
TransPerfect provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.