We're looking for Cardiovascular Operating Room RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in New York, NY. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a CVOR RN, you'll be responsible for providing professional CVOR care services to support a team of physicians, RNs and other medical staff. Our CVOR Travel Nurses demonstrate advanced clinical expertise in circulating and scrubbing for a variety of cardiothoracic surgical procedures and other complex surgeries.
As a CVOR Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
* Assess, plan and evaluate the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
* Participate in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
* Administer prescribed medications, apply dressings, monitor vital signs.
* Assist physician during procedures.
* Maintain aseptic techniques and actively monitor situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
* Coordinate the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
* Ensure the proper handling of specimens.
CVOR Travel Nurses should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as bend, lean and stoop without difficulty. RNs should be able to easily lift 20 pounds. Moving or lifting of patients may require lifting of up to 50 pounds at times. Because of the fast-paced environment, Cardiovascular OR RNs must possess good skills for coping with stress and be able to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds.
Cardiac + EPIC experience required. Robotics experience + Peds open heart experience strongly preferred
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, infusion, intensive care unit, mhb, psychiatric, surgery, surgical, transitional, unit