IT Project Leader
Compensation: $104,510.00 - $151,210.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
IT Project Leader
**Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:**
Manages Project tasks and sub-Projects against time and budget plans. Monitors contingency plans.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate IT resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Effectively communicate project deliverables and timelines
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed or within the required frequency
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Respond to inquires and/or requests in a timely manner or specified timeline
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and/or maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Leverage process and protocols for visibility, resource requirements and statuses across IT areas
- Collaborates/partners with IT areas to create/maintain standards and functionality, as needed
- Understand the strategic drives and align strategies and culture to support the change
- Develop and drive strategies and culture to align to the vision of the organization
**Job Opening ID:**
**Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:**
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
**Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies:**
- Experience managing/coordinating IT related projects
- Solid technical background, with an understanding of IT infrastructure, systems and technologies (i.e. voice, network, server, etc...but not limited to)
- Excellent critical thinker and problem-solver with great attention to detail
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and drive change
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Onsite presence allowing for face to face collaboration/partnerships with business and IT areas
- Attend project meetings in person, as needed
This position is responsible for managing tasks on a Project or a sub-Project that is part of a larger Project or Program. This position will focus on IT services as they relate to real estate projects. The Project Leader controls planning and execution of the tasks or sub-Projects activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met. The Project Leader works with supervision and guidance and is responsible for applying basic Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. The Project Leader operates within defined parameters using a proven Project Management Methodology.
**Education, Work Experience & Knowledge:**
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 2 years of project management experience preferred. Experience managing the entire life cycle of a project preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of project management experience required.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Hartford - Connecticut - United States
St Paul - Minnesota - United States
We are committed to valuing the diversity that exists among our workforce, our business partners, our customers and our communities. With respect to our workforce, we are committed to not only increasing diversity in our hiring at all levels but also fostering an inclusive environment where all employees, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by law, can develop and thrive.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, system engineer, system specialist, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...