Multinational Accounts Practice Underwriting Manager
: $83,200.00 - $124,650.00 /year *
: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Multinational Accounts Practice Underwriting Manager
**Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:**
Supports long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve profit and growth objectives for the Multinational Accounts Practice book of business through sound underwriting, timely quoting, and effective global program execution and implementation.
**Underwriting and Multinational transaction responsibilities include but are not limited to:**
- Works with Business Units to identify areas in which the Multinational Accounts Practice can support key Business Unit strategies.
-Works with domestic Account Executives as appropriate to support cross-sell opportunities and
market penetration objectives.
- Develops tools to make prospecting, quoting, etc. more efficient and market competitive.
- Advises Field on the underwriting and pricing of global exposures in coordination with domestic Account Executives.
- Engages various multinational partners to build a timely, competitive, and comprehensive insurance programs which meet local policy requirements and legal/law interpretations.
- Ensures production and underwriting objectives are achieved.
- Develops and maintains effective and collaborative relationships with internal resources (e.g., Claim, Legal, Operations, Product Solutions, Product Managers, etc.) to ensure delivery of all related services to domestic Account Executives, brokers/agents, and clients.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with the Enterprise as well as multinational partners around the world, in partnership with the B&SI Senior Management team.
**Post-transaction responsibilities include but are not limited to:**
- Works to improve and maintain back-end infrastructure processes (booking, invoice issuance, policy issuance, etc.).
- Coordinates with Claim when foreign claims are at issue and assistance is needed.
- Assists Reinsurance Accounting with billing and payment reconciliation and collection when needed.
-Helps develop, maintain, and follow a set of formal, written Standard Operating Procedures for the Multinational placement process.
- Leads the development and implementation of an efficient data management structure.
- Develops and/or augments existing training for Business Units and Field Staff, including the
Multinational Resident Experts.
**Other Responsibilities include:**
- Leads an assortment of strategic initiatives to strengthen the Multinational Accounts Practice.
- Manages multi-layered projects to fruition; communicates and organizes effectively to convert a strategic plan into reality.
**Job Opening ID:**
**Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:**
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
**Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies:**
General knowledge of billing/accounting concepts as well as data/workflow management
General knowledge of legal/regulatory terms and concepts (as it relates to insurance)
Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Ability to organize people/ideas and project manage with minimum oversight.
Ability to think strategically and convert/execute strategy into reality.
Ability to effectively troubleshoot and manage many 'balls in the air' without losing focus.
Advanced competence in change management and resiliency. Ability to adjust easily to new
situations and changing priorities.
Advanced networking & relationship building skills. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Responsible for the growth and management of the Multinational Accounts Practice Management Liability book of business, including timely underwriting, quoting and subsequent post-sale implementation of global programs. Coordinates the placement of complex international Management Liability requests through Travelers Foreign Subsidiaries, INI Network or foreign insurers (i.e. fronting companies).
Participates in the broadening and development of the Bond & Specialty Insurance global footprint, including finding new solutions in strategic jurisdictions and maintaining and improving existing solutions. Leads internal and external growth, communication, and marketing efforts to increase Travelers' penetration and competitive advantage in the multinational space.
Bachelor's degree preferred
3 years of underwriting experience with Management Liability Products preferred
5+ years of total underwriting experience preferred
Bilingual candidates (Spanish or Mandarin) preferred
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Minimum of 5 years of equivalent work and/or industry experience.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Chicago - Illinois - United States
Hartford - Connecticut - United States, New York City - New York - United States, St Paul - Minnesota - United States
We are committed to valuing the diversity that exists among our workforce, our business partners, our customers and our communities. With respect to our workforce, we are committed to not only increasing diversity in our hiring at all levels but also fostering an inclusive environment where all employees, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by law, can develop and thrive. Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.