Since 1975, TUMI has been creating world-class business and travel essentials, designed to upgrade, uncomplicate, and beautify all aspects of life on the move. Blending flawless functionality with a spirit of ingenuity, we're committed to empowering journeys as a lifelong partner to movers and makers in pursuit of their passions. Designed in America, for Global Citizens everywhere. The brand is sold globally in over 75 countries through more than 1,900 points of sale. For more about TUMI, visit www.TUMI.com.
Our standards are exceptional, and we stand by everything we do.
We treat our products, people and clientele with the total dedication they deserve.
When it comes to forward thinking, we are foremost.
We are all Global Citizens and look to contribute to a global community.
Each of us is empowered to create personal and collective progress.
The Global Art Director oversees the global art development, implementation and consistency of all Tumi branded assets for consumer and B to B creative for all channels of distribution (Retail, eCommerce, Wholesale, Travel Retail, International, B to B and Internal Communications). This person will be responsible for developing brand and marketing creative, providing quality control for all concepts and projects, creating and evolving global brand guidelines, and for implementing creative review process, timelines, and deliverables for all campaigns. You will also be responsible for evaluating, developing, and leading a team to ensure excellence in execution of company goals and brand vision. You are guided by a passion for creative storytelling and looking at strategic opportunities to elevate the brand and create emotional connections with clients and potential clients to grow brand affinity to achieve long term goals.
* Develop brand and marketing creative in accordance with the Marketing plans built to support the Brand Platform and Creative Director seasonal direction, leveraged across all brand touch points (including advertising, seasonal content, tumi.com, video, collateral, POS signage, web, mobile, social, packaging, windows, licensing content and internal communications); creative programs must meet business objectives and advance our brand goals and objectives.
* Lead and inspire an internal team of 6 graphic designers to strike the right balance of content and commerce for a premium brand by producing select content internally (seasonal retail content, collaborations, elevated window concepts) and work collaboratively with an external agency on Global Brand Campaigns. For internal productions, responsible for bringing on board necessary outside production resources, photographers, stylists, to bring vision to life and on budget.
* Unify global vision thru consistent global adaptations of overall vision. Working with regions to guide adaptation or to create content if additional projects are needed.
* Provide exceptional quality control over all concepts and projects; ensure that the brand voice via copy and layout is conveyed properly.
* Implement Creative Review process, timelines and deliverables for all campaigns and sub-campaigns.
* Deliver measurable results and correctly set expectations across the organization. Partner with cross functional departments, where relevant, to ensure content is designed to achieve varying objectives
* Create and evolve global brand guidelines; development and sharing of global identity assets and templates; development and management of all new and existing brand marks.
* Raise creative excellence in Creative department through hiring, development, and training of creative staff with strong business results improvement; supervise, mentor, and inspire the creative team.
* Responsible for ensuring that all work done by the group is timely, accurate, complete and on budget.
* Maintain pulse on market and design trends, color directions, advertising and online trends.
* Play integral role in management of external agencies; Attend all Creative productions.
* Excellent leadership and communication skills, confidence, and business professional skills are required, as are interpersonal effectiveness in creating and supporting teams, negotiating, selling ideas to others, resolving conflicts, and managing change effectively.
* Exceptional time management, organizational and planning skills are needed to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
* Strategic/analytical thinker while tactically strong. (i.e. strikes the right balance of current vs. forward thinking)
* Creativity, enthusiasm and passion.
* Able to challenge and bring new ideas and thinking to the business.
* Ability to adjust priorities and operate in a fast paced and fluid environment.
* Must be a self-starter who is comfortable with productive changes.
* Must have a clear vision of how and resources to execute programs
* Must have experience managing internal creative teams and external teams simultaneously and seamlessly
* Superb presentation skills.
* 7+ years in relevant industry.
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* Ability to travel.
TUMI encourages individual growth in pursuit of achieving corporate goals. Your commitment to the team will be recognized through competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs.
TUMI is an equal opportunity employer.