Leads a team whose primary purpose is to create, validate, test, document, implement, and/or oversee usage of complex statistical models. The models may cover a variety of products or services, however, all models are used as part of the financial decision-making process. Specific results focus on documenting the creation and/or testing of advanced statistical models and communicating such models to stakeholders within the Bank. Responsible for oversight of a team whose deliverables include the creation of model development and/or validation documentation such as: presentations, written reports, model or reporting code documentation, business requirements, monitoring reports and related code, and procedures. The role is highly technical and requires significant interaction with regulators (OCC and FRB) along with the ability to explain complex items in a straight forward manner.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, and 10 or more years of experience in statistical modeling
- MA/MS/PhD, and eight or more years of experience in statistical modeling
- Demonstrated independence, teamwork and management/leadership skills
- Extensive knowledge of various regression techniques, parametric and non-parametric algorithms, times series techniques, and other statistical models, various model validation tests/methodologies, using SAS or similar statistical package
- Advanced data compilation, programming skills and qualitative analysis skills
- Thorough knowledge of the quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks, competition risks, and risk management approaches
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulatory rules, guidance, or supervisory letters
- In depth knowledge of Bank products and services
- Demonstrated independence, teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, negotiation, and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
**Primary Location:** Minnesota-MN-Richfield
**Shift:** 1st - Daytime
**Average Hours Per Week:** 40
**Requisition ID:** 190028237
**Other Locations:** United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.