Physical Therapist - PT
Compensation: $90,150.00 - $122,360.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Physical Therapist - PT
Job Location: Abingdon, Virginia
13 Weeks Contract - Start date: 10/28/2019
Position Information :
- Physical therapists (PTs) are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. PTs examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles. Physical therapists provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes. State licensure is required in each state in which a physical therapist practices.
Duties and Responsibilities of Physical Therapist :
- A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated. Respectful to managers and supervisors.
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates the home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM-potential for rehab.
- Directing the physical therapy treatment, instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for the patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
Requirements of Physical Therapist :
- Current State licensure as a physical therapist.
- Knowledge of physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of disease processes and related causative factors.
- Knowledge of infection control, sterile techniques and related impact on rehabilitative medicine practice and equipment.
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or master's program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization.
- Licensed to practice as a physical therapist within the state.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current Heart Association approved CPR certification.
- Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
Associated topics: inpatient, mhlb physical, movement disorder, movement therapist, physical, physical therapist, rehab, therapist, therapist outpatient, therapist physical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...