- UnitedHealth Group
- $60,680.00 -83,990.00/year*
21 Warren St
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.(sm)
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across As a Assess and Triage Care Advocate you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* This position requires working 8:30am-5:00pm EST, after applicable training*
* Focus on initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
* Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
* Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
* Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
* Administer benefits and review treatment plans
* Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
* Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
* Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 3 or more years of experience in behavioral health
* Licenses must be active and unrestricted in your state of residence
* 3 years' experience in a related mental health environment
* Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to use multiple screens, type and talk simultaneously
* Ability to work the following schedule: 8:30am - 5:00pm eastern standard time
* Access to install secure high speed internet (minimum speed 1.5 download mps and 1 upload mps) via cable/DSL in home
* Experience in an inpatient setting
* Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
* Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
* Previous experience in a managed care environment
* Experience with the Medicaid patient population
* Residence in the state of New York highly preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around onegiant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when itcomes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-relatedinformation, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefitsfor millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover newways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on wherehealth care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, thatmeans working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges thatmatter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singularopportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be requiredto adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protectedveteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass adrug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Keywords: casemanager, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health,behavioral health, managed care, substance abuse, inpatient, LMSW, LMHC, LBA,LP, LPC, LCSW, MFT, LPCC, RN, registered nurse, telecommute* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.