Clinical Pharmacist - Accountable Care Patient Management - NJ or NY
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
As part of one the largest health plans in the United States, UnitedHealthcare provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to utilize your clinical pharmacy and patient care expertise to develop programs to impact the Triple Aim. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this new position as a Clinical Pharmacist, you will have a unique role providing integrated support to patients and providers by leading a 'hands-on' approach to delivering patient-centered pharmacy management and superior patient care services. You will be an integral part of an Accountable Care Organization's physician practices and leverage powerful data and analytics to identify and intervene on pharmacy opportunities that impact the total cost of care and improve quality metrics. You will develop and implement disease management programs and provide patient care for patients with uncontrolled hypertension, diabetes, heart failure, or other conditions where therapy optimization, medication adherence, and patient education will improve clinical outcomes.
In this unique role, you will also participate in clinical leadership workgroups and strategy initiatives with a variety of different teams. Broad-based and comprehensive knowledge is critical to success in this role. You'll need to be comfortable making recommendations to care teams (doctors, nurses, staff, etc.) on behalf of a highly diverse patient population.
* Provide quality patient-centered care that will meet all of a patient's drug related needs, including comprehensive medication reviews and patient education * Establish positive, consultative relationships with patients, prescribers, and organization leadership to seamlessly integrate with the clinic teams * Communicate care plans formally and informally with patients and providers * Develop and implement disease management programs * Educate prescribers on clinical guidelines and formulary updates, and act as a knowledge resource for physicians and other healthcare providers * Perform analytics to identify and evaluate opportunities for cost savings and quality improvement * Document clinical interventions and evaluate impact on outcomes and savings * Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
* Doctor of Pharmacy degree
* Must hold and maintain a valid pharmacist license without restrictions in New York
* Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist or equivalent expertise
* 3 years' experience in patient care and working directly with clinicians or physician practices
* Strong clinical and analytic background
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Certified Diabetes Educator or equivalent expertise
* Prior health plan experience
* Experience building new relationships with physician practices
* Demonstrated disciplined decisions
* Demonstrated high quality execution
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Doctor of Pharmacy, pharmacist, Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, clinicians, physician practices, Certified Diabetes Educator, Clinical Pharmacist, pharmacist, Accountable Care Organization's, NY, New York, NJ, New Jersey