- UnitedHealth Group
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
10 Bayside Terrace
You push yourself to reach higher and go further.? Because for you, it?s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients.? In this role, you?ll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you?ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this RN Care Coordinator
role, you will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located?within?New Jersey,?you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.? This position would cover Hudson and Union Counties - Union City, Kearney, Harrison, Hoboken, Jersey City, and ElizabethPrimary Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient?s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Current, unrestricted RN license for the state of New Jersey
- Associate?s degree or higher
- 4+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State.
- Behavioral health or clinical degree
- A background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Prior field based work experience
Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group?s Telecommuter Policy?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ?Registered Nurse, Community Health, RN, Nurse, Case Manager, MLTSS, Medicaid Waver, Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, Rehab, Home Care, Care Coordination, Home Health, Complex Case Management, Managed Care, Bilingual, NJ, New Jersey, ?UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Community and State, Public Sector, Hudson County, Union Counties, Union City, Kearney, Harrison, Hoboken, Jersey City, Elizabeth
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, intensive, neonatal, nurse rn, psychatric, staff nurse, surgery, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...