CAREERS WITH OPTUM. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do YOUR LIFE'S BEST WORK.(SM)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
The Financial Analyst will support:
- Preparation of budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling - Perform detailed analysis of revenue, costs, margins, metrics, and trends
- Review and analyze financial data and reports with ability to present finding and recommendations to stakeholders
- Respond to ad hoc requests for information and analysis
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Assist with preparation of forecast and budget, including detailed comparison of actual results to budget / forecast
- Prepare analysis of business and financial metrics and performance measures
- Provide financial support for departments to include analysis and monitoring of financial and headcount metrics and capital spending
- Participate in cross-functional teams and special projects using analytical skills clearly communicating / presenting finding and recommendations to stakeholders
- Identify and implement process improvements
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.