Work with the CMIO, Physician Informaticists, and MedicalInformatics Team Manager to improve quality of care delivery, regulatory efforts, and population health at UCLA, and to carry out the implementation application buildand/or analytics related to: clinical decision support tools (alerts, healthmaintenance, refill protocols, preference lists, order sets, scoring and CERrules), reporting tools (reporting workbench and dashboards), regulatoryprograms, clinical quality measures, and/or population health efforts.
Major responsibilities include overseeing medicalinformatics IT project lifecycle processes related to the EHR includingtranslating requests from clinical leadership, developing clinical workflows,directly implementing or working with builders to implement solutions,developing reports and feedback mechanisms on implementation, and monitoringand analyzing performance.
The incumbent will work autonomously, proactivelyidentifying and resolving issues in coordination with colleagues in order toprovide timely resolution to projects/assignments. The incumbent will be a self-starter who doesnot need explicit instruction before identifying and problem and engaging inthe solution.
Job Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree highly desired or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience building in Epic
- Epic Certification in any of the following: EpicCare Ambulatory, Inpatient ClinDoc, Inpatient Orders, Healthy Planet
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal skills and technical writing skills
- Expert usage of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent communication skills as related to strategy, schedules, tasks, deliverables, risks, and issues
- Expert understanding of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles
- Strong sense of self-motivation
- Master's degree (MHA, MPH, MBA, or MS in Computer Science) or clinical license (MD, RN, NP, etc.)
- 5+ years advanced experience in the health industry as a SQL developer or Epic builder
- Demonstrated experience in health policy analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with two or more of the following: Meaningful Use, Accountable Care Organizations, value-based purchasing, pay for performance, clinical content, clinical decision support, clinical quality
- STATA, SAS, and/or SPSS programming skills
- Experience working withvarious stakeholders in an academic health institution
Bargaining Unit: 99
Layoff Referral Deadline :
Posted Date : 9/19/2019
Posting Category : Information Technology
We're a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, …Read More