Compensation: $80,000.00 - $128,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Specialist conducts and evaluates scientific research in a laboratory, clinic, and/or teaching environment (hereafter referred to as laboratory ) Employees in this position understand the context and implications of the research in order to apply and interpret theoretical knowledge necessary to conduct research in one or more scientific disciplines. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to: project planning, data collection and analysis, project management, preparing reports, and communication and instruction. Work may include the training and supervision of staff, students and others in performing specific techniques/experiments.
- Conduct various complex tests, experiments and/or procedures following protocols of assigned research projects
- Apply and interpret theoretical knowledge necessary to conduct research in one or more scientific disciplines
- Identify potential problems, recommend and implement solutions, and collaborate in the development of new techniques
- Monitor and collect data as required by research protocols
- Maintain appropriate documentation of research results, as required by research protocols.
- Search literature demonstrating an understanding of scientific, experimental and/or research theory to assist in the design of methods, procedures, and techniques
- May configure, operate and/or maintain specialized equipment
- May use software applications to assemble, manipulate, format and/or perform statistical analysis of data
- May train others in laboratory techniques and the use of laboratory equipment
- May assist in writing grants, progress reports, and manuscripts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. and 1 year of postdoctoral experience
- Recent bench work experience required
- Ability to prepare research reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understanding scientific, experimental and or research theory
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee
May direct other lab staff and students.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
The position involves work in a laboratory and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals and human specimens * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...