Univision Communications is looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Director of Project Management & Business Analysis, to assist in the evolution and management of our Enterprise Technology Service offerings with the Sales, Traffic & Research systems' domain.
The candidate will lead and develop a team of project management and business analysis professionals to execute on key technology programs in partnership with business engagement leads across our Sales, Traffic and Research Systems' portfolio. This individual will be part of a team that bridges the gap between the business users, vendors, technology partners and internal ETS (Enterprise Technology Services) teams. The Sales, Traffic & Research application suite spans audience measurement and reporting, master data management, customer relationship management, revenue pipeline management, proposal/order management, pricing and inventory management, commercial operations/trafficking, billing, operational reporting, and analytical analysis.
The successful candidate must have a willingness to work in a dynamic, complex environment and have a solution-oriented mindset and strong understanding of enterprise IT service delivery models and knowledge of SDLC and project management methodologies. Core competencies include relationship management, extensive program, portfolio and project management, requirements management, budget and resource management and strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Additionally, the candidate must be capable of the following:
* Operating as key technology liaison to business executives, continuously building robust knowledge of strategy and objectives in order to effectively lead delivery of key technology programs in partnership with engagement leads * Leading and developing a team of full-time employees and consultants by bringing best practices, driving critical thinking, and guiding resources to search for non-standard solutions when required * Maintaining a driven, resourceful, and curious mindset, being a fast learner * Acting as a player/coach by selectively taking on a project manager or business analyst role, specifically to: scope and plan projects (set goals and objectives, create project plans, determine resources and budgets, identify risks and contingency planning, and develop a change management plan) or perform requirements analysis * Driving execution excellence by motivating owners/contributors to deliver on time and within budget, managing stakeholders/communication, anticipating risks and identifying mitigation approaches, managing the budget, and monitoring progress * Championing transformation and innovation in architecting solutions and maintaining flexibility in support of changing business priorities * Supporting ETS leadership in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and ETS strategies * Fostering collaboration among ETS partners to keep them informed of related projects and other ETS development requests
Required Skills & Experience:
* BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience * Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in portfolio, program, project management and business analysis, ideally within Media * Distinctive people skills with a proven track record of influencing, driving change, and stakeholder management * Strong organization skills, especially managing complex projects, with ability to organize others around you * Demonstrated flexibility and ability to perform in a dynamic environment and comfort working in ambiguity * Outstanding written and oral communication skills * Strong problem solving in both ambiguous and tactical situations and a bias for action * Established team player and change champion (proven experiences of leading other to think and differently according to the business needs) * Experience managing small teams with limited resources in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders * Demonstrated commitment to excellence, high quality standards, and attention to detail * Experience installing and leading the adoption of best practice processes, methods, and technologies * Extensive experience and expert knowledge in Requirements Management for packaged, custom and SAAS environments supporting internal lines of business
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Project Management certification * Six Sigma or Lean Certification or Training * Strong knowledge of Media, preferably with Sales, Traffic and Research perspective * Digital Media experience * Knowledge of multiple business process re-engineering methods and tools and how to apply these effectively to improve processes (i.e., Lean Thinking, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, Kaizen) * RUP or Unified Process Certification or Training (Use Case Modeling, UML, State Transition Diagrams)
* Must be willing to work at the UCI office in New York, NY * Must be willing to submit to a background investigation * Must be willing to travel occasionally to other Univision locations * Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. The company's broadcast assets include Univision Network, one of the top television networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast network in the country; UniM?s, a leading Spanish-language broadcast television network; and Univision Local Media, which owns and/or operates 64 television stations and 58 radio stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Univision Cable Networks consists of Univision Deportes Network (UDN), the most-watched Spanish-language sports cable network in the U.S.; Galavisi?n, the most-watched U.S. Spanish-language entertainment cable network; Univision tlnovelas, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to telenovelas; ForoTV, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to international news; and an additional suite of cable offerings - De Pel?cula, De Pel?cula Cl?sico, Bandamax, Ritmoson and Telehit. Univision's cable portfolio also includes FUSION TV, an English-language news and lifestyle cable network; an investment in El Rey Network, a general entertainment English-language cable network. The company also owns and operates several premier digital destinations including Univision Now, a direct-to-consumer, on-demand and live streaming subscription service; Univision.com, the most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. Hispanics; and Uforia, a digital music application featuring multimedia music content. The company's assets also include the digital brands associated with the Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion.
Univision es la principal empresa de medios de comunicaci?n al servicio de la comunidad hispana en Estados Unidos. Las propiedades de difusi?n de la compa??a incluyen Univision, una de las principales cadenas en EE. UU., independientemente de idioma, y la cadena de se?al abierta en espa?ol de mayor sinton?a en el pa?s; UniM?s, una destacada cadena de se?al abierta en espa?ol, y Medios Locales de Univision, que es propietaria u opera 64 estaciones de televisi?n y 58 emisoras de radio en los principales mercados hispanos de EE. UU. y Puerto Rico. Univision Cable Networks consta de Univision Deportes Network (UDN), la cadena deportiva por cable en espa?ol de mayor sinton?a de EE. UU.; Galavisi?n, la cadena de entretenimiento por cable en espa?ol de mayor sinton?a en EE. UU., Univision tlnovelas, una cadena por cable en espa?ol que trasmite 24 horas al d?a y se dedica a telenovelas; ForoTV, una cadena por cable en espa?ol que trasmite las 24 horas del d?a y se dedica a noticias internacionales, y un conjunto adicional de ofrecimientos por cable: De Pel?cula, De Pel?cula Cl?sico, Bandamax, Ritmoson y Telehit. Adem?s, la cartera en cable de Univision incluye FUSION TV, una cadena por cable de noticias y estilo de vida en ingl?s, as? como la participaci?n en El Rey Network, una cadena por cable de entretenimiento general en ingl?s. La compa??a tambi?n es propietaria y opera varios destacados destinos digitales, incluidos Univision NOW, un servicio directo al consumidor de suscripci?n a streaming en vivo a solicitud; Univision.com, el sitio de internet en espa?ol m?s visitado por los hispanos de EE. UU., y Uforia, una aplicaci?n digital con contenido musical en medios m?ltiples. Entre las propiedades de la compa??a tambi?n se encuentran marcas digitales asociadas a Gizmodo Media Group y The Onion.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, analyst, business analyst, business intelligence, consult, financial reporting analyst, law, market, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.