Manager of Multimedia Sports Sales
New York, NY
Comprehensively develop and execute the company's short and long term sports sales strategy to deliver market-beating results in accordance with Univision's multimedia revenue goals.
This individual must be able to navigate and develop internal, cross-departmental relationships with content (TV and Digital), Event Marketing, Business Development, Pricing and Planning, Finance and other leaders. This person will also work very closely with Sports' Partner Solutions team, as well as Univision's multimedia sales team to deliver best-in-class marketing solutions to advertisers.
This individual must have a genuine passion to help marketers connect with the sweet spot of the US Hispanic sports marketplace.
* An effective communicator, the Manager, Multimedia Sports Sales provides strategic, consultative direction to multimedia sales and UCI clients.
* Execute the strategy to help support in a heavily matrixed organization, having oversight by region and account management of key sports properties and other strategic initiatives.
* Internal client prospecting and partnership development.
* Best in class external communications (client/agency).
* Determine client solutions by matching client needs and key Univision properties and strategic initiatives.
* Ensures seamless execution with content teams (TV/Digital), as well as events and league partners, ensuring successful implementations for all buys and renewals.
* Ongoing account management for existing clients, to ensure continued agency /customer satisfaction.
* Evaluate, plan and present any/all new opportunities to help determine viability for business/revenue potential.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* Experience selling cross-platform media.
* 5-10 years' experience in sports media sales and marketing.
* Passion and knowledge for sports.
* Knowledge of soccer and soccer calendar.
* Understanding of Nielsen Ratings and comScore.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
* Strong and effective verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
* Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
* Prior experience with Agencies including both media buying agencies AND pure play sports marketing agency, activation and event marketing agencies.
* Must have excellent attention to detail and organization skills given the many moving parts.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
* Fluency in both English and Spanish.
* Knowledge of Univision properties (linear, digital and social) and knowledge of Univision sports soccer experience.
* Strong client and agency relationships.
* Energetic self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong problem solving, analytical capabilities and collaboration skills.
* Must be willing to work from offices in New York, NY
* Employment/education will be verified
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Willing travel up to 10% of the time
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. The company's broadcast assets include Univision Network, one of the top television networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast network in the country; UniM?s, a leading Spanish-language broadcast television network; and Univision Local Media, which owns and/or operates 65 television stations and 58 radio stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Univision Cable Networks consists of Univision Deportes Network (UDN), the most-watched Spanish-language sports cable network in the U.S.; Galavisi?n, the most-watched U.S. Spanish-language entertainment cable network; Univision tlnovelas, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to telenovelas; ForoTV, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to international news; and an additional suite of cable offerings - De Pel?cula, De Pel?cula Cl?sico, Bandamax, Telehit and Telehit Urbano. Univision's cable portfolio also includes FUSION TV, an English-language news and lifestyle cable network; and an investment in El Rey Network, a general entertainment English-language cable network. The company also owns and operates several premier digital destinations including Univision Now, a direct-to-consumer, on-demand and live streaming subscription service; Univision.com, the most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. Hispanics; and Uforia, a digital music application featuring multimedia music content. The company's assets also include the digital brands associated with the Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion.
Univision es la principal empresa de medios de comunicaci?n al servicio de la comunidad hispana en Estados Unidos. Las propiedades de difusi?n de la compa??a incluyen Univision, una de las principales cadenas en EE. UU., independientemente de idioma, y la cadena de se?al abierta en espa?ol de mayor sinton?a en el pa?s;UniM?s, una destacada cadena de se?al abierta en espa?ol, y Medios Locales de Univision, que es propietaria u opera 65 estaciones de televisi?n y 58 emisoras de radio en los principales mercados hispanos de EE. UU. y Puerto Rico. Univision Cable Networks consta de Univision Deportes Network (UDN), la cadena deportiva por cable en espa?ol de mayor sinton?a de EE. UU.; Galavisi?n, la cadena de entretenimiento por cable en espa?ol de mayor sinton?a en EE. UU., Univision tlnovelas, una cadena por cable en espa?ol que trasmite 24 horas al d?a y se dedica a telenovelas; ForoTV, una cadena por cable en espa?ol que trasmite las 24 horas del d?a y se dedica a noticias internacionales, y un conjunto adicional de ofrecimientos por cable: De Pel?cula, De Pel?cula Cl?sico, Bandamax, Telehit y Telehit Urbano. Adem?s, la cartera en cable de Univision incluye FUSION TV, una cadena por cable de noticias y estilo de vida en ingl?s, as? como la participaci?n en El Rey Network, una cadena por cable de entretenimiento general en ingl?s. La compa??a tambi?n es propietaria y opera varios destacados destinos digitales, incluidos Univision NOW, un servicio directo al consumidor de suscripci?n a streaming en vivo a solicitud;Univision.com, el sitio de internet en espa?ol m?s visitado por los hispanos de EE. UU., y Uforia, una aplicaci?n digital con contenido musical en medios m?ltiples. Entre las propiedades de la compa??a tambi?n se encuentran marcas digitales asociadas a Gizmodo Media Group y The Onion. Para m?s informaci?n, favor de visitar corporate.univision.com.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled
Associated topics: branch manager, leader, manager of sales, principal, regional sales manager, sales executive, sales management, supervisor, team lead, territory manager