Grade Level: Elementary
Start Date: August 2019
Locations: UP Academy Holland
About UP Education Network
UP Education Network manages and operates five schools in Boston and Lawrence, MA, serving more than 2,600 elementary and middle school students. UP is invited by local school districts to restart chronically underperforming district schools as UP Academies. Each UP Academy shares the same mission: to ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential.
The One-to-One Aide at UP Academy holds primary responsibility for overseeing the implementation of effective, rigorous academic and behavior intervention systems with one student. The One-to-One Aide will work closely with a student who needs additional supports to be successful in the UP Academy classroom. This individual will support the student, the student's family, and the student's teachers in an effort to fundamentally change the successes they are realizing within UP Academy.
* Work alongside an experienced special educator to support a small case load of students, driving the academic achievement of students with moderate to severe need
* Implement an effective, rigorous academic and behavior intervention system with a small case load of students
* Provide consistent and high academic and behavioral expectations
* Support student mastery of state, city, and school academic and behavioral standards
* Lead daily individual and small group tutoring sessions
* Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
* A strong belief in UP Education Network's core values: Students, Community, Humility, Resilience, and Humor
* A high-school diploma or GED
* Forty-eight (48) Credit Hours of College Coursework or an Associate's Degree, or a passing score on one of the two following Formalized Standardized Assessments: ParaPro Assessment ( ) or WorkKeys Certificate of Proficiency for Teacher Assistants ( )
* Current authorization to work in the United States ? A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
Compensation and Benefits
Your salary is commensurate with experience; UP Academy follows the salary scales of each UP Academy's host school district. As an employee of UP Academy and your respective school district, you will receive the same access to personal and sick days, health insurance, and dental insurance as others within your union.
Working at UP Education Network
We know that great staff members directly lead to the success of our students. At UP, your career is shaped by:
* Opportunities for immediate impact: UP offers a chance to bring best practices found in high-performing schools to students previously enrolled in struggling schools, and to rapidly unlock the potential of these students
* Talented, mission-driven colleagues: Our staff is enthusiastic, dedicated, and willing to do \"whatever it takes\" to put every student on the path to college
* Collaboration and teamwork: Staff members collaborate and work closely together on grade-level or content area teams, using data to track student performance as well as guide instructional practice
* Consistent professional growth and development: Members of our staff typically have bi-weekly check-in meetings with their managers where they receive targeted coaching and support and the entire staff participates in weekly professional development sessions during the school year, kick-started by extensive training in August.
UP Education Network is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to, but is not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination.