Activities include but are not limited to the following:
* Outreach and engagement to formally enroll referred individuals into the care management program.
* Conduct assessments, evaluates needs, establishes and maintains care plan and maintains referrals for enrollees.
* Assures supports are in place inclusive of peer and family contacts.
* Develops Interim Plan of Care based on preliminary clinical information and assigned level that will identify linkages and services immediately required, based on information received from referral sources if applicable.
* Ensures all initial linkages are established and maintained.
* Collaborates with all service providers and establishes team communication plan.
* Monitor goals on a continuing basis and that team is communicating.
* Monitors that care plan is relevant to health home policies and procedures.
* Consults with family members and social supports to maintain support consistency.
* Advocates for additional services and linkages as appropriate.
* Maintains current care management documentation and information regarding care management activities within the required health information technology (HIT) system..
* Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency regulations and operating standards, including maintaining all required documentation and applicable databases.
* A Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields listed: a major or concentration in social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreational therapy, counseling, community mental health, child and family studies, sociology, speech and hearing or other related human services field; OR
* A NYS teacher's certificate for which a bachelor's degree is required; OR NYS licensure and registration as a Registered Nurse and a bachelor's degree; OR A Bachelor's level education or higher in any field with five years of experience working directly with persons with behavioral health diagnoses; OR A Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC).
* Two years of experience In providing direct services to people with Serious Mental Illness, Developmental Disabilities, or Substance Use Disorder; OR in linking individuals with Serious Mental Illness, Developmental Disabilities, or Substance Use Disorders to a broad range of services essential to successful living in a community setting (i.e. medical, psychiatric, social, educational, legal, housing and financial services); OR A Master's Degree in one of the qualifying education fields may be substituted for one year of experience.
* Basic Computer Skills (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel)
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.