- Utica National Insurance Group
- $70,050.00 -101,960.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
707 Washington St
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. And, we're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd. Are you up for the challenge? Take a few minutes to look at our job openings to explore the possibilities - then find one that's right for you and apply online today.
* Handle first party, moderate/severe WC medical claims.
* Operate within a rules-based environment with a strong customer satisfaction emphasis.
* This position will have numerous contacts with including but not limited to injured workers, insureds, agents, and vendors by telephone and in writing.
* Required to take recorded statements as directed by supervisor.
* Hande and assign hearing notices to defense counsel.
* Work on bringing claim files to closure.
* Responsible for setting medical incurred when appropriate.
* Perform other tasks as assigned by management in relation to daily operations.
* College degree or equivalent experience.
* Insurance coursework beneficial
* 1-2 years previous claims experience preferred
* Strong communication skills, written and verbal
* Ability to read and interpret medical information
* Ability to multi-task
* Important, with regard to file content, including financial decisions and files on employee claims
OTHER JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
* Ability to meet timely deadlines
* Ability to work effectively in a group/team environment
OTHER JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
* Required to obtain state licensing for file handling
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
* 401K plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Flexible spending accounts
* Vision care coverage
* Paid Time-Off (PTO)
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Voluntary Day
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Credit Union membership
* Employee's Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must complete online assessments if being considered for a position.
Associated topics: auto, casualty, claim, claim examiner, damage, fraud, insurance investigator, investigation, liability, title examiner
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...