For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world's natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world's leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve - providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
This role will serve to develop content that primarily fuels the Grid Edge Research Service within the Wood Mackenzie Power and Renewables team. As a team we provide market intelligence in the form of research reports, data services, advisory services and strategic consulting. The Grid Edge Service leverages unique, proprietary information and industry channels to serve clients across the value chain and around the globe.
The Analyst/Associate has a unique opportunity to conduct original quantitative and qualitative market research and deliver analysis through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, and speaking engagements. As a contributor to the Grid Edge Service, the analyst/associate serve clients who are responsible for the success of their firm's technology roadmap for the electric vehicle (EV) market, competitive analysis/positioning, product/market positioning and grid edge (hardware, software and service) deployment strategies as they relate to EV charging.
The Analyst/Associate corresponds with, presents to, and advises vendors, developers and electricity industry professionals on Wood Mackenzie's analysis regarding the changing landscape of the EV charging infrastructure market in the U.S. and abroad.
The Analyst/Associate will focus on analysis of the technical, economic, and business model evolution of the grid edge market concentrated in the identification of challenges and opportunities for the integration of EVs and charging infrastructure as evolving distributed energy resources (DERs).
The Analyst/Associate works as part of a small, high-performance analyst team in addition to collaborating with peers across Wood Mackenzie's Power and Renewables, editorial, marketing and conferences teams. The Analyst/Associate is expected to:
* Develop a deep understanding of what Wood Mackenzie's clients require to be successful, with a focus on cost effectively addressing critical business problems in the evolving EV and charging infrastructure market
* Conduct primary research on EV infrastructure, EV charging technologies, and associated business models and economics for the distribution utility sector
* Develop and refine economic models and tools to guide investment in grid edge technology as it pertains to EVs
* Write industry-leading research reports covering trends, vendors and strategies across the EV charging landscape
* Collaborate with peers across Wood Mackenzie Power and Renewables teams in order to support research reports, data services, advisory services and conferences (agenda definition, speaker recruitment, moderating and speaking)
* Author multiple reports per year and actively develop visibility for this research and Wood Mackenzie Power and Renewables through press, social media, and elsewhere
* Contribute to Wood Mackenzie's growing base of data tracking and database-oriented products and services
* Work directly with sales and marketing via internal and external communications to actively help generate new sales, build larger programs for existing clients, and effectively market completed research
* Present at Wood Mackenzie-sponsored and industry-related events, and moderate client webinars
* Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with senior industry professionals (vendors and utilities) as well as with the journalists who cover the sector; and participate in vendor briefings and press inquiries as necessary
* Travel to conferences, events and client engagements when necessary
Knowledge & Experience Required
Our products and people are our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
* Experience either working for a utility business strategy or technology implementation team; car manufacturer; EV charging infrastructure company; DER project developer; or market research firm focused on electric utilities or distributed energy solutions
* Proven analytical capabilities - both qualitative and quantitative - and comfort with writing market analysis
* Entrepreneurial spirit and a constant desire to innovate
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts - and willingness to take a stand on vendors and outcomes
* A strong record of academic achievement: B.A. or B.S. minimum; MBA or M.S. preferred
* A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the evolution of the energy landscape and the impact EVs are having
* Experience with data analysis
* Excellent communication and well-developed relationship building skills
* Results orientated and proactive working style
* Ability to work as part of a team but also self-driven to deliver results with minimal oversight
* Excellent organization and planning skills
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
* Respect for the individual
* Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to ...@woodmac.com.
Wood Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
Associated topics: cable, cable harness, electric, electrical, harness, journeyman electrician, power, transformer, troubleshoot, wire