- Verisk Analytics
- $106,390.00 -159,250.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
NoSQL Data Architect/Senior NoSQL Data Engineer
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Information Technology
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its Worlds Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its Worlds Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. Weve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets.At Verisk, youll be part of an organization thats committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career.Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for a NoSQL Data Architect to design, implement, support, administrator and maintain NoSQL Databases. In this position also provide the opportunity to work with relational databases as well.
- Create, Administer, Monitor, and Maintain multiple Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and DynamoDB
- Work with development teams to design and implement optimized NoSQL databases
- Work on new and existing logical/physical database designs for applications and infrastructure.
- Implement relational databases, tables, and table changes.
- Support application development for problem solving and performance tuning.
- Assist in administering, monitoring and maintaining SQL Server environments, including for disaster recovery.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to participate in the design, testing, implementation, maintenance and control of the organizations NoSQL databases across multiple platforms, technologies, (for example physical, relational and object oriented) and computing environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues with NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and DynamoDB)
- Accurately recommend configuration changes for optimal performance of NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and DynamoDB)
- Familiarity with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL a plus).
- Knowledge of SQL Command Syntax, Data Definition Syntax, and Query Syntax.
- Familiarity with data modeling concepts.
- Ability to develop queries to extract information based on compounded search criteria.
- Fundamental proficiency in data modeling in practical applications of a moderate nature.
- Technically familiar with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Technically familiar with search engines like Elasticsearch
- Passion for software development and latest technologies
- Eagerness to learn new skills and take ownership
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain complex NoSQL and relational databases.
- 6+ years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance.
- 3+ years of proven experience with NoSQL Database (AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase)
- 3+ years of proven experience with Elasticsearch
- 5+ years of experience in a programming language such as Java, C# .NET
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Clear understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Data Structures.
- Familiarity and understanding Object Relational Mapping (ORM) Frameworks like Entity Framework, NHibernate or Hibernate, and etc.
- Experienced at developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
We are offering an excellent compensation package. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated topics: data administrator, data center, data integration, data quality, data scientist, database, database administrator, etl, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...