What you'll be doing...
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that's evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry's sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touch point.
The ACD/Art Director supports the Creative Directors of Verizon Wireless and Fios to create breakthrough design work to help bring the Verizon brand closer to culture. This includes but is not limited to: providing creative direction which supports brand development across multiple channels and business units, as well as satisfy immediate business objectives and needs.
* Leads in directing and executing the design of brand and marketing assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs.
* Brainstorms and strategizes with integrated creative team to help develop creative direction with a focus on brand development.
* Converts rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
* Recommends, researches and develops imagery (e.g., photography, design language) to support creative strategy, brand development, and execution.
* Directs and is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
* Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
* Plays an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
* Works to improve the team's overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
* Provides visible support for leadership and helps build a unified team mindset.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience as a graphic designer and art director.
* Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Forward thinking mindset in anticipation of business objectives.
* Knowledge of design applications in traditional and emerging channels, particularly in design and brand development, both in static and in motion.
* Expansive knowledge of design language and execution.
* Knowledge of photography development, execution, and curation.
* Contributes in developing initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives.
* Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights.
* States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
* Produces collateral within the brand, but also explores new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the visual identity of the brand.
* Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions.
* Understands that all projects require attention to detail; providing work on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
* Degree in design, advertising or related field.
* External and in-house agency experience.
* Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.