What you'll be doing...
Verizon's consumer video product strategy is dynamically evolving based on marketplace dynamics, and an infusion of new technology and solutions for customers to fully realize the benefits/superiority of Verizon's core services, including 5G Home, Fios Broadband and Wireless data. Verizon's vision is to create a rich and compelling video platform, comprised of both partner and internal content sources, is essential to maintaining industry leadership in home and mobile solutions. This role will support the development of services and devices designed to create differentiated experiences for our customers, as well as producing new revenue opportunities.
Verizon's Consumer Products team is seeking an experienced Product Advocate/Manager with a Business Development background to drive video solution partnerships. You will be responsible for managing the product development process of the program including the following responsibilities:
* Map out market dynamics and competitive landscape in the consumer video sourcing and delivery technology sectors.
* Identify and establish strategic relationships with potential video partners such as vMVPD and SVOD OTT providers, critical device developers, traditional and emerging content sources, and other sources of consumer video market disruption.
* Structure, negotiate, and execute partnership programs via contracts and SoWs. Serve as primary product lead for partnership engagement and refinement of mutually beneficial business terms.
* Analyze and discover new insights that will translate into emerging products and services that will delight Verizon customers and reassert the strength of Verizon core services. Identify high value extension opportunities and gaps within existing portfolio.
* Research and keep current on video technology trends, primarily within the evolving OTT, mobile ecosystem/value chain, and adjacent monetization opportunities (e.g., next gen digital advertising), as well as key players within segments and current/emerging business models.
* Propose/Define technical projects based on our roadmap and their associated deliveries/milestones collaboratively with our partners.
* Work with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders to ensure partnerships are nurtured and in alignment with the company's strategic objectives.
* Proactively develop/manage an opportunity pipeline, perform KPI based project management, and maintain evaluation processes.
What we're looking for...
A passionate advocate for the customer and a champion for change, willing to challenge the status quo.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science/engineering, finance/economics or creative fields or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of experience within Product Development or Marketing teams.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in marketing, computer science/engineering, finance/economics or in creative fields.
* Two or more years of business development, management consulting, or corporate M&A experience; investment banking and/or venture/PE investing experience.
* Experience conducting and compiling consumer customer research.
* Experience in negotiating and closing high impact business partnerships.
* Substantial experience leading cross-functionally in a highly matrixed environment.
* Experience in video delivery, either traditional linear or OTT, or consumer technology.
* Experience managing a P&L and evaluating return on investment for product and/or marketing initiatives.
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
* Exhibit leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships, and collaborating with internal and external partners.
* Ability to deal with, multi-dimensional problems with an innovative, flexible and solutions-oriented approach.
* Urgency and accountability in managing programs, from strategy development through execution.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and are a strong communicator (both verbally and written).
* Ability to relentlessly advocate in support of Verizon's strategic objectives and market advantage, while discerning the value for an external partner to establish mutually beneficial partnerships.
* Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills, as well as an aptitude for using data to inform decisions.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task